Which tire would you choose?

• Toyo Open Country RT

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • BFGoodrich All Terrain TA KO2

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Nitto Terra Grappler G2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
So I have about halfway worn out my Nitto Ridge Grapplers from the Colorado trails which means I gotta start saving up for a new set. I really liked the Nittos but I want to try other brands, you know, be a tire w**re. I have 3 options so far I've narrowed it down to based on what I like and the way they perform. Cost is really not important. Which one would y'all choose?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both of my trucks are getting BFG KO2s when they're due for another set. My dad just put some on his '06 3500 and they are awesome. Great in wet weather and they're super quiet. No more road noise than the highway treads they replaced.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I’d definitely get BFG KO2s, that’s what I plan to get for my 97 in the future. My dad has KOs and did great in the snow, but they throw rocks since we live in the country. Other than that tiny complaint, they are a good tire. :waytogo:

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Long time BFG fan here. Have had multiple sets on a S10, Colorado, and my current 2500 Silverado. Good all around tire.

XJPhoenix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preferably yes. I used to be a tire guy and I have found the best performance that I'm looking for from those three.

Same here! I'll add my vote for the Toyo tires; we used to carry them in our shop, and while they were pricier than our other brands, the quality was top notch. Mind you, that was over ten years ago. Like Oldblue, I have the BFG's on my Cherokee XJ, and find them to be a good, solid tire. I don't run them in the snow, got a dedicated winter tire for that, but they do great for everything else.

:)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same here! I'll add my vote for the Toyo tires; we used to carry them in our shop, and while they were pricier than our other brands, the quality was top notch. Mind you, that was over ten years ago. Like Oldblue, I have the BFG's on my Cherokee XJ, and find them to be a good, solid tire. I don't run them in the snow, got a dedicated winter tire for that, but they do great for everything else.

On that note, anyone shopping for BFG KO2s should be aware that there are two different versions of them available now. The standard ones which are 3PMSF rated for severe snow duty, and the DT (Different Tread) version which are made with a harder rubber and have no snow certification but a 50K mile warranty. Definitely make sure you know which ones you're buying so you get the right ones for your specific application. Everything I've read online seems to indicate that the standard versions last nearly as long as the DTs, and generally have better traction in pretty much every situation.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score

Yeah i loved the R/Ts when I used to work with them! The first time i messed with them was when I was balancing a set of 37s and they used maybe 2.5 ounces a piece with I thought was amazing. Most people are saying the KO2s though, and I've always loved that tire. Maybe one day, when I Duramax swap my truck, I'll put 35" R/Ts on lol. Until then, it looks like I'm going BFG KO2s for my 33s.