The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It further corrects the angle and travel of the shocks. And you loose nothing. It doesn’t hurt ground clearance like the lowers do, and it’s easy and cheap. I did both the upper and lower Belltech shock brackets on my truck.
I never even thought about the uppers... I may do those myself on mine. Have to measure my shock length to make sure its long enough to extend to the new location. But I agree, any opportunity to get your shock in the correct position will help tremendously.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if it helps to get rid of that washboard ride then i'm all in. I have fairly new heavy duty gas shocks, so i really dont want to change em out.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I never even thought about the uppers... I may do those myself on mine. Have to measure my shock length to make sure its long enough to extend to the new location. But I agree, any opportunity to get your shock in the correct position will help tremendously.

I moved the factory upper shock mounts on my '98. Get the kit. Much easier.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

These install super easy. Drill 2 holes. Maybe do a little trimming on factory bracket.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the fuel pump went, or is on the way out. Code 44 is what fault light says. O2 sensor is fine, computer to engine ground is fine, low fuel psi. Good thing it idles and drives enough to get it in the shop. At 1,500 rpm it falls flat. Thank God this didnt happen last week during a 5 hour round tripper to Whichita Falls to get a V8 K frame and LCAs for my sons barracuda. I knew i was on borrowed time.

Anyhow everything this week is conspiring against me. Wifes 2012 grand caravan fuel pump quit. Got to pull out interior and stow n go **** to change the pump, ummm no thanks i will get you a Mopar pump from my jobber, and pay your labor. Anyhow wifes driving my daily driver chevy HHR while vans getting fixed. Now My pump in truck goes out.

That being said this is also a damn good excuse to pull the bed off, knock out the small dents, and fix 2 pulled through spot welds in the bed box floor prior to getting it spray in linered. And install the 2" drop hangars while the bed is off. I am actually thinking of pulling the back bumper, and leaving the rear 2 bolts loosely installed and just lifting the front up to gain access with my chain hoist.

So i got these bell tech leaf spring lowering mounts from a GMT400 list member 2 years ago. Cant remember who. I am assuming these bumpers in the kit replace my existing axle bumpers on the frame. I will be ordering the upper shock mount kit to do all this with the bed out of the way. The bolts w spacers in the pic are actually for a 4" drop combined with a helwig G tech rear sway bar. I installed years ago. I installed the bar with the longer bolts and spacers for a 0-2 drop.

I plan on drilling out these rivets with 3/8" cobalt drill bits and using a chisel and a punch to get them out. Any better way besides a torch?

Fuf, fun, fun this weekend ;)

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Ben. I was trying to figure out how these are supposed to install. I see how the put the shock in more of a vertical position. Appears to move them back away from existing stock brackets by at least 3-4 inches. Seeing how they mount i am more game to do this instead of the shock extenders. This not only extends the travel but changes the angle geometry as well. Maybe after this i will get my decent ride quality back.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Ben. I was trying to figure out how these are supposed to install. I see how the put the shock in more of a vertical position. Appears to move them back away from existing stock brackets by at least 3-4 inches. Seeing how they mount i am more game to do this instead of the shock extenders. This not only extends the travel but changes the angle geometry as well. Maybe after this i will get my decent ride quality back.

I drilled my front hangers out. Started with a small bit, worked up until the head just spun off. Then smacked it with a punch and out they came.

Not sure if you will run into the same problem as me, but with my extended cab, the front hangers and the front box support didn’t quite line up. I notched my box support on both sides so that the holes in the frame lines up with the holes in the hangers.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is a RCLB. Looks like there is enough space for box clearance. Your pic looks like the bed box mount is in the way of the hangar. In my long bed, there is nothing in the way of the hangar.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since this is the stupid questions lowering tgread, i got a stumper lol. So I have the Bell Tech 6502 2 inch drop front spring hanger for a 94 RCLB. kit has no instruction sheet and I have no idea where these rubber bumpers are supposed to go but they are the same height as the original frame bumpers that the axle would hit if it bottoms out. I also have no idea where this other bracket is supposed to go that looks like its for the parking brake cable. Anybody got pix ?