The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Imup5-0

Reaction score
Hi guys have a stupid question. Trying to install the belltech leaf hangers and they dont quite line up with the holes that the rivets came from. The bed mount is in the way. Should I notch the bed mount? Im I doing something wrong? Looks like it will be that way on both sides. Ohh yea... Im working on a 94 ecsb. Will take some photos if needed.

Imup5-0

Reaction score
Pix are good. We like pix!

Ds not as bad but will still have to either grind off some of the bed mount or wallow out the hole on the hanger or the frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

Imup5-0

Reaction score
Ds not as bad but will still have to either grind off some of the bed mount or wallow out the hole on the hanger or the frame.

This is the ps. A little worst.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Getting creative with a cut off wheel on your frame should alleviate that issue fairly well :p

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
BellTech? WTF? Mine didn't fit like that!
I'd be 'tempted' to modify the bracket. (OMFG! I said 'that' word! Ich-ich-ich! *cough-cough*! P'tooey! Blechhh! Lol! A forum joke(r) from a few years back.)
Those holes have been elongated somewhat already by B/T. I'd just do them a bit more. Match the hangars up with the originals. That may give you a clue as to if it's the truck that's funky or the hangars themselves.
It's a pivot point so I don't see making them to fit the truck would cause all that much of a problem. The difference in the length from that front spring eye mount to the rear shackle is only going to be what? An 1/8th of an inch? A minimal amount at best.
You could also do a bit of grindage on the hangar where it's hitting up against that frame mount.
But before you do any of this, I'd be checking with B/T as to what the hell is going on. They've made thousands & thousands of these, so I'd think that they'd have it figured out by now.

Imup5-0

Reaction score
BellTech? WTF? Mine didn't fit like that!
I'd be 'tempted' to modify the bracket. (OMFG! I said 'that' word! Ich-ich-ich! *cough-cough*! P'tooey! Blechhh! Lol! A forum joke(r) from a few years back.)
Those holes have been elongated somewhat already by B/T. I'd just do them a bit more. Match the hangars up with the originals. That may give you a clue as to if it's the truck that's funky or the hangars themselves.
It's a pivot point so I don't see making them to fit the truck would cause all that much of a problem. The difference in the length from that front spring eye mount to the rear shackle is only going to be what? An 1/8th of an inch? A minimal amount at best.
You could also do a bit of grindage on the hangar where it's hitting up against that frame mount.
But before you do any of this, I'd be checking with B/T as to what the hell is going on. They've made thousands & thousands of these, so I'd think that they'd have it figured out by now.

Funny thing is matched them up with the oe hangers(passengers side) and the holes line up. Its just the bed mount thats keeping them from lining up on the frame. I talked to belltech today. The sent me some measurements to check if the hanger was machined rite. Will have to do this in the morning. I really dont know which way to go with this. Cut the bed mount or widen the holes.