The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need help with my front drop...

First off here is my current setup:

Front 2" Drop spindles
Front 2" drop coils

I had the 3" drop springs installed and I loved the look even with the small amount of rake I had. The problem was that my passenger side was about 1/2" lower (chevy lean?). I rubbed hard on the passenger side which is why I installed the 2" drop springs. I hate how much higher the front looks now. I want to lower it back down with my 3" springs but I am having a hard time finding a 1/2" spacer that looks like would get me exactly (or close) to 1/2" on the passenger side. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
have you considered coil spring boosters? shove a booster into the passenger side and sit it back on the ground. This should give that side a little bit of lift. Mine raised up just a hair under 1/2" with boosters. OR..... cut 1/4 to a half a coil out of the drivers spring and let it settle back down. Cutting such a small amount wont effect your ride, but should allow it to settle down to the same height

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you considered coil spring boosters? shove a booster into the passenger side and sit it back on the ground. This should give that side a little bit of lift. Mine raised up just a hair under 1/2" with boosters. OR..... cut 1/4 to a half a coil out of the drivers spring and let it settle back down. Cutting such a small amount wont effect your ride, but should allow it to settle down to the same height

What style booster did you use? There are many to choose from, and some look hokey.

Sent from a place that rains a lot

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What style booster did you use? There are many to choose from, and some look hokey.

Sent from a place that rains a lot
I did the old school Mr gasket 1" rings. They have a split in the middle so you just jack the truck up a.d feed them into the coils. When you load the front suspension back up the coils close onto the boosters keeping them in place. It really helped with mine over extending under load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CMoore

Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.
New member to forum , have spent hours reading before becoming a member ... mine is a 1988 scsb, 305 v8 nice and straight... I’m dead set on lowering , but debating on static drop or bags ... currently a daily driver , but doesn’t have to be ... how low can I go without cutting into the bed? If I use bags do you still flip the axle ? I’m capable of doing the work myself , and I’m all for doing it right !!! Any advice will help!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Only cutting on the box I had to do to my '98 @ 4/6, & now @ 4/7,was the cross member notch.

You must be registered for see images attach

And of course, the C-notch in the frame rails.
I have no idea about bags.
After a butt-clenching incident in a bagged truck, I'll stick to static drops, thank you!

Drunkontacos

Reaction score
Quick question before I order tires. I have a 1999 4dr 2wd Yukon and I'm about to lower it 4 in the front with belltech springs and spindles(and do my balljoints while I'm in there), drop the rear 4 with belltech hangers and shackles(with fresh oem springs to get rid of then"chevy lean"), throw on new belltech street performer shocks all around, and I'll be installing American Racing 910's in 20x9 (0 offset). Should I be okay (clearance wise) running 275/45 20's???

Bluesman

Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.
Can anybody tell me if the DJM 2" dropped spindles using a 17" wheel w/ 4" BS will work on a '97 1500 Silverado reg. cab, 2WD? I read on the Summit Racing web site someone wrote, regarding the DJM spindles, that 3.75" backspacing was the maximum allowed. I talked w/ someone at DJM & they "thought" 4" would be okay, but I hate to invest in a new set of wheels/tires & find out that they thought wrong. I plan on using 255/60R17 tires. ANY thoughts on this combination would be greatly appreciated.

Vince t

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Does anyone know how to remove that rusted hub? And does anyone know the name of it

Boston71

Reaction score
1996 K1500 suburban lowered decranked keys and shackles. Will lowering keys get me lower than just decranking the keys.