The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Imup5-0

Reaction score
Ok after hours of searching on belltechs website I think I may have found my problem. I hope anyway. My question is, is the any difference in the leaf hangers from standard cab and extended cab? Someone please say it is...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That may be. Seems to me that I've heard others mention that there are some differences between the two body styles.
My exp. is with reg. cabs, so I can't really say for sure. Maybe someone with actual knowledge could jump in.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran into the exact same problem with my ecsb. I ended up trimming the bed mount. Then the Belltech hangers lined up perfectly with the holes in the frame. What did you end up doing?

Ok after hours of searching on belltechs website I think I may have found my problem. I hope anyway. My question is, is the any difference in the leaf hangers from standard cab and extended cab? Someone please say it is...

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 94 C1500 RCLB that i have summit racing 2" drop shackles and 2" drop spindles on. My ultimate deal i am wanting to do is a 3"-4" drop. I have purchased a set of 2" drop spring hangars from somebody on here 2 years ago and never got around to it. Have to pull bed off to do a fuel pump, so i figure now is the time to drill out rivets and change these while the bed is off. Also looking at purchasing some 1" drop coils on evilbay.

Heres the questions. I put new heavy duty stock length shocks on this thing about 3 years ago and it rides effing hard. I can only smooth the choppy ride out if i add 500 lbs to the truck bed.

What confuses me us the shock length. I know in the front i will need a 1-2 inch drop shock because of the 1" coils. Spindles height is unaffected.

However in the rear i will have 4" shorter suspension. So far its 2" lower but is using a stock length shock. I found these brackets on evilbay for the rear shocks. Do these change the geometry to smooth out the ride? And if i use them and do the full 4" drop in the rear, what length rear shock will i need?

Also what is a good shock to use that gives a good balance between soaking up the bumps and providing a decent ride that doesnt jar my fillings loose? I was looking at bell tech shocks for all corners.

Thanks
Matt

You must be registered for see images attach

Rocky454SS

Reaction score
http://djmsuspension.com/product/djm2555-34/
Thoughts on this kit? I have to get new springs as well since they are hacked up. I figure this is as low as I can go without notching. Should I get the matching uppers to aid the alignment? Or just go with th 4wd uppers? I saw something about those but have not researched it yet so I may be wrong about those. Thanks

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 94 C1500 RCLB that i have summit racing 2" drop shackles and 2" drop spindles on. My ultimate deal i am wanting to do is a 3"-4" drop. I have purchased a set of 2" drop spring hangars from somebody on here 2 years ago and never got around to it. Have to pull bed off to do a fuel pump, so i figure now is the time to drill out rivets and change these while the bed is off. Also looking at purchasing some 1" drop coils on evilbay.

Heres the questions. I put new heavy duty stock length shocks on this thing about 3 years ago and it rides effing hard. I can only smooth the choppy ride out if i add 500 lbs to the truck bed.

What confuses me us the shock length. I know in the front i will need a 1-2 inch drop shock because of the 1" coils. Spindles height is unaffected.

However in the rear i will have 4" shorter suspension. So far its 2" lower but is using a stock length shock. I found these brackets on evilbay for the rear shocks. Do these change the geometry to smooth out the ride? And if i use them and do the full 4" drop in the rear, what length rear shock will i need?

Also what is a good shock to use that gives a good balance between soaking up the bumps and providing a decent ride that doesnt jar my fillings loose? I was looking at bell tech shocks for all corners.

Thanks
Matt

Definitely 100% use the shock extenders. They put the shock back into alignment and they actually work again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thanks
Matt

While the box is off you should also use the Belltech upper shock mounts as well. They are super east to install while the box is off, and only like $75. I used them on my 2/4 drop, with Belltech street performer shocks.

I found the ride slightly harsher than stock in the rear. I think Belltech has a cheaper softer drop shock, rather than the silver colored street performers.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats the advantage to those, if i put the lowers on?

It further corrects the angle and travel of the shocks. And you loose nothing. It doesn’t hurt ground clearance like the lowers do, and it’s easy and cheap. I did both the upper and lower Belltech shock brackets on my truck.