Talk about a bad day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radicom56

Reaction score
So I have spent the last two days welding in new cab corners and rocker panels, fairly straight forward right? I was finishing up the last welds on the driver side cab corner on the rear seam when i heard some sizzling from in side. I open the door and find the inside of the truck full of smoke and flames immediately start bellowing. A quick dump of water killed the flames but the damage was done, all the plastic, carpet and side of the rear seat were burned crispy. Come to find out the insulation on the back of the plastic panels is mad from recycled cloth and incredibly flammable. So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be like me and over look that s*** being a crispy truck waiting to happen. Oh... P.S. keep alot of water handy. Let the your a "Dumb A**" begin!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
My dad has said its happened to more than once on diff vehicles the chance is always there when welding sucks about ur truck

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
dude that sucks i did the same thing to my truck i was welding up some holes in the back pillars where someone mounted handles i saw the smoke and put it out no damage

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry man, a friend of mine was just last week buying a complete floor out of a car, and the salvage yard guy caught the car on fire with his torch, and the whole car burned to the ground, including my friends tool's that were sitting in the car.

radicom56

Reaction score
From the sound of it I'm fortunate just a couple of easy junk yard sourcable parts burned up. Could have been the whole truck.