Water Leak, Rear Passenger Side Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gburg006

Reaction score
I have a leak that I cannot figure out. Specifically, the leak is the rear passenger side carpet. It is saturated after rain. I have checked with a hose and noticed that some of the issue was coming from the door (the plastic cover behind the door trim was not installed correctly). I fixed that and did a hose test again, no water. A few days later it rained again and the rear is wet all the way to the center hump. I noticed that the weather strip looks a little pinched at the bottom rear corner and I could see how it would allow some water into the cab, but I have removed the bottom door sill so I can see how much water accumulates and it does not seem like enough to cause the entire carpet to be wet. Is there some sort of drain line under there or something that I am missing related to having rear AC? I am not sure what else to really look at.

I have also check to roof ( removed the headliner so now I am replacing it) and have found no leaks that flow down anywhere.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First what vehicle? Year, make, model. Eng , trans if applicable. Pretend we're all blind.

gburg006

Reaction score
Sorry about that. Can’t believe I forgot that.

1998 Suburban C2500, 5.7

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are saying the wet area is the second seat , right side passenger door carpet? Cause you mention rear ac ? OR,
If it's the front seat passenger side, there is condensation drain hose up above pax feet that can get dislodged or damaged , then instead draining outside, it will drain into cab.
Right side of cab outside under pax feet, small hose 3/4 ish. Not there or broken. Check in cab at HVAC box. If it's missing it's an open hole to outside of cab.
Has coolant level dropped at all? Worst case heater exchanger leaking. Liquid smell like coolant?