Tail light broken bracket? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Asked and answered, if you're not upset, why engage? Moving on...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven’t fixed it yet i know gasket maker isn’t going to hold it and I simple took a pic of where it was broke at to get some ideas from you all before anyone even put any input on this post and I’m not the one getting butthurt it’s the idiots that like to talk **** and be a smart ass behind a phone. Simply ask has this happen to anyone before and what there suggestions was dont need the smart ass remarks

Where is the pic of the broke stuff? All I see is pic with your hand that appears to be laying on dry silicone gasket maker which is what you stated you were going to do in post one 2 minutes earlier. The only rude going on here is you bullshitting everyone around and now you're backpedaling?

I've posted info for you twice. and you're still carrying on. It makes no difference to me if you use it or not as I am not the one with $300 worth of broken tail lights.

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season worst in 20yrs F!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That does sound very expensive (US$). Is there not a warranty on them if they are 4 months old? I do not think there would be a torque spec on the mounting screws. The manufacturer can blame you for.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do not think there would be a torque spec on the mounting screws. The manufacturer can blame you for.

You might be surprised. I don't recall one for the tail lights but I know there is a factory torque spec for the parking light screws in the GM service manual. And yes, it is in inch pounds.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$300 Canadian is a lot for headlights too. Don't sell yourself short. What's the conversion for Newton meters to inch pounds, or do you go to milli Newton meters for that?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season worst in 20yrs F!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 LB/IN x 0.11298 converts to N/M. So 50 LB/IN would be 5.6 N/M. Our units of torque are weight/length so we would call a Foot/Pound a Pound/Foot. And your PSI x 0.07 converts to our Kg/sq. cm. Hey but in lumber a 2by4 is still a 2by4 up here.