Tail light broken bracket? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the stupid brackets that hold the taillights in our trucks break? Mine did this morning and it was just dangling from the wires and I check the other side and it was cracked too and Fixing to fall off itself. These are only 4 months old. Was wondering if this has happen to anyone else and how did they fix it and prevent it from happening? I’m going to use some gasket maker and then use some JB weld on the outside too make it stronger and hopefully hold

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics of it

You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never had that happen, but those are definitely aftermarket. What brand are they? I think I'll try to avoid them in the future.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some 2 part epoxy plastic repair material would have been a better choice. Also curious as to what brand of tail lights those are.

idk why guys come and ask AFTER they've already done some goofy shyt. lol 2 min between original post and a post with pics of it finished ?????????lol.

Last edited:

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some 2 part epoxy plastic repair material would have been a better choice. Also curious as to what brand of tail lights those are.

idk why guys come and ask AFTER they've already done some goofy shyt. lol 2 min between original post and a post with pics of it finished ?????????lol.
That can be taken off it’s not like it’s permanent and would be nice just for just advice and the rude remarks u can keep to yourself. The brake lights was bought from oriellys and they wasn’t cheap why I didn’t buy them from eBay they was actually 289 for the pair.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never had that happen, but those are definitely aftermarket. What brand are they? I think I'll try to avoid them in the future.

I bought them from oriellys I believe the maker is Enzo but I’m not sure. This didn’t happen until after I lowered my truck I guess from all the rough riding around snap them. They wasn’t cheap because I didn’t want this to happen but sure enough it did

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole thing snap off so I would have to make the shape of the bracket with something. I just figured this has had to happen to a lot of people and was wanting some ideas before I do the JerrY rig it lol

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That can be taken off it’s not like it’s permanent and would be nice just for just advice and the rude remarks u can keep to yourself. The brake lights was bought from oriellys and they wasn’t cheap why I didn’t buy them from eBay they was actually 289 for the pair.

I gave my advice. You had it fixed, took,pics, and reposted in 2 minutes time. No need to get butthurt because I said it's a goofy repair, because it is.

2 part epoxy plastic repair material(comes in a syringe type tube), scotch brite the plastic to cut the shine, and using some adhesion promoter will increase your chances for success.

That's alot of money for some aftermarket lights.

Last edited:

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had mostly good experiences with aftermarket lights, the only issue I've had is with my current set, it doesn't quite line up right on the exterior. Small gap, like < 1/4". If they're under 4 months old, I'd check the warranty and exchange them.

You have to admit he has a point though. It's frustrating to get asked for advice and then watch someone do it their own way regardless of input.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t fixed it yet i know gasket maker isn’t going to hold it and I simple took a pic of where it was broke at to get some ideas from you all before anyone even put any input on this post and I’m not the one getting butthurt it’s the idiots that like to talk **** and be a smart ass behind a phone. Simply ask has this happen to anyone before and what there suggestions was dont need the smart ass remarks