Taco, the 1995 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Figured I’ve lurked long enough I decided to make a thread on my 1995 Silverado nicknamed Taco. I bought her December 24th of 2014 as a Christmas present to myself. Was on a used Dealer lot in Stillwater OK. I had searched long and far for a truck to daily so I can park my 1972 C10 for much needed maintenance. In the ad the pictures made the truck look almost flawless, cowl hood, really dark windows, nice leveled stance, advertised as having a brand new 350. They wanted 3500 for it. When I went to look at it the drivers ext cab portion was beat in pretty severely, the bed was messed up, and the air ride had blown hoses. I haggled with them for a few hours and finally got them down to 1250 for it. Pics to come

My momma taught me to drink my juice from a brown paper bag

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here she was, the day I bought her, the lime green wheels and curtains over the back glass on the inside earned the nickname Taco. Shortly after I bought her I painted the wheels black and the grille inserts and bow tie to change it up a bit

Then after the hood scoop that was screwed on blew off on the highway, after that I installed a factory hood and some LED pods to the bumper

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Sometime in highschool I decided it was an excellent idea to add green LED strips to the grill. Along with a very poorly welded on push bumper I snagged from Craigslist.

Then I had to do the obligatory one wheel peel that shelled out my first 10 bolt

I didn’t know at the time that I was missing my plate in the picture until I got stopped in Perry late at night, one hefty ticket that was...

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Then sometime between then and August I bought a 98 Chevy that needed both an engine and transmission. It was fully loaded with leather and had the 3rd door that I wanted. So I figured that I could switch the heads and intake on my 350 and drop the trans and engine in as one unit. I didn’t know at the time that the trans wasn’t compatible and I spent a very long summer switching everything back over...

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
This is how she sat for the majority of 2015... made me sick when I saw it

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
So back went the TBI into the 95 and the 98 was used for a long list of parts for it, hood, door panels, seats, etc... lots of sweat and curse words went into that

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
After she was back together and was back to being my daily I threw on a GMC grill because I liked the look better than the Chevy grill.

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Sometime during the school year I was trying to impress this girl I had a crush on ( I know I know I’m a sap) was doing well over 100 when the engine let go... the whole block was trashed and unable to be saved so the search began for another engine

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
I sourced an engine locally that come out of a LS swapped blazer, the guy knew nothing of the condition of it just knew it was a 4 bolt main out of a 70s k10. Turns out it was bored .060 over with a really nasty cam installed (insert happy dance)

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Something about the green on black made me happy lol. Also a decent pic of the damage on the panel