Taco, the 1995 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronP

Reaction score
Hey can you pm me? I am curious how you wired in your gauges to work. I'm planning on doing the same swap almost exactly, and will depin a harness following lt1swaps instructions but any other advise maybe you have or pointers that could help me before I begin would be appreciated!

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
much better

My momma taught me to drink my juice from a brown paper bag

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
You know how life gets in the way and you never seem to get back to unfinished projects? That’s sorta how this one ended. I’m not 100% sure the exact date I ended up trading it off but I traded Taco for a ‘99-‘00 single cab ram 3500. Since then I’ve moved twice, started a new career, bought a house, got married, and now finally have a baby on the way, so for now I’ll be watching from the sidelines hoping one day me and my new son can build his very own Taco. I’m sure I’ll have more 400’s between now and then but this is one that I’ll always have a love for. The gentleman who has her used her up until a few years ago when we lost contact so I don’t know where she’s at or even if it’s still on the road. But one day, there will be a Taco 2.0

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
So as fate would have it with this damn truck, I’m bringing it back home this weekend. No glamor in it though as it won’t be put back on the road, gentleman that has her now got in contact with me about her and asked if I wanted it back for $500. No transmission or grill, missing the steer tires. but it’s still got the LS, a very good portion of parts will be used on my little brothers first OBS. And I’ll part out the rest. All the original wiring is wrecked from when I LS swapped it and when this guy started “fixing” things. So it will live on in a few trucks hopefully before I haul it across the scales. And that was the selling point for my wife, I HAD TO BE THE ONE TO DO IT. Not some other person, I’ve put so much effort and money and countless hours into her. But her times about up. And besides, I get to hang the tailgate that says “Cursed Forever” up in my shop.

Attachments

• IMG_7873.jpeg
    IMG_7873.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7874.jpeg
    IMG_7874.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 12

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Here she be, it’s so bittersweet for me. I’m glad she’s home but sad as all hell she won’t be going back on the road. Side note: trailer spares work great for rollers lol