Taco, the 1995 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Finally got the new heads in, few coats of paint and I’m satisfied. Gotta get head gaskets on order then hot tank the intake manifold, got a friend that’s going to port it out for me along with the TBI. Between the flu and work I’m beat, but not quitting yet

My momma taught me to drink my juice from a brown paper bag

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Got the heads, and intake back on, gotta find valve covers since these heads are off of a mid 80s block. Also have to find a new water neck since the one I have is basically disintegrated, then a new water pump for safe measure and a radiator since mine is bent
You must be registered for see images attach

Don’t mind the overspray on the valve springs, not really a permanent setup since I also recently acquired a reman 350 for dirt cheap, just gotta replace the oil pan on that one (guys cherry picker lost an oil seal and dropped the engine on the floor)

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Well Oklahoma caught a break, been in the 60s the last three days so I got to work! Got everything sorted out with the engine, turns out on the 350 when the cherry picker dropped it, it cracked the crankshaft as well. So there starts another project. But Wednesday morning I found a smoking deal on a new set of chrome covers with gaskets and hardware for $10! Drove to Mannford to pick them up and the guy was a fellow 400 lover as well. When I got home the girlfriend surprised me with a water pump and radiator for an early Valentine’s Day present. So we spend Valentine’s Day working on the old girl. Fired up first try although it ran like garbage since the distributor was way out, got it dialed in and the valves set and she purrs like a kitten.

and don’t mind the mess of wiring, a lot of it is useless junk that with my next days off I’ll clean out and make it look pretty while I rebuild the 350

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
For the minute I’ve just been driving it, somewhere I’ve got an air leak that’s letting an ungodly amount of cold ass air from the outside when the heater is off. When the heater is on it doesn’t let cold air through. But here’s a picture of her just for ***** and giggles

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Went out and bought an 04 Yukon for $400, has a good 5.3 and 4l60e that I plan to drop in Taco when it warms up. Sent the ECM out today to have VATS and Emissions deleted, fuel pump, motor mounts, and other various pieces are ordered as well

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Today was nice enough that me and a few friends took the front clip off in preparation for the LS. Few cans of liquid mechanics later we have this

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score

Old engine off to its new home, guy bought it for a 1964 C20 he had

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Dirty dingo mounts showed up today so when I get off I’ll put those on, ECM tunes, headers arrived also. Pretty excited to drop this in!

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to see your hanging tight with your project, but I must admit you have wore me out watching you work. Enjoy and hang in there.

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Glad to see your hanging tight with your project, but I must admit you have wore me out watching you work. Enjoy and hang in there.

I’m enjoying every bit I can lol