Taco, the 1995 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Actually took it out into town this morning, went to the car wash for a good scrubbin and I vacuumed it out. Discovered I have a leak from the heater box and it lets water into the cab from the outside. Gotta look into that, drove great other than the steering walking on the road
You must be registered for see images

My momma taught me to drink my juice from a brown paper bag

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Just a little bit more history on the truck, The engine and transmission in the truck are probably the fourth or fifth one I’ve installed in it, it’s on its third rear end. The original 4l60E in it took a crap less than three months of ownership, the second one I put in it lost first and second gear. The third one cracked the bell housing and broke the shift cable from the column. When I converted to the 700r4 I couldn’t use the factory cable because no matter how I had it adjusted it wouldn’t shift into park. So I took a 4x4 floor shift from my parts truck and put it in the floor, with some measurements and spare stock I had some linkage that worked as it should. The speedometer worked as it should since it was from a 91 it already had the electronic sensor on it.

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Today wasn’t really productive as I bought another project 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 for 350 bucks! Needs retimed but it runs as is, on the way out of town a buddy snapped a pic of Taco
You must be registered for see images attach

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
With the Oklahoma rain recently I haven’t gotten anything done as I’m at the mercy of the weather. Driving it around a bit I know now that I need to rebuild the entire front suspension as it clatters and squeaks at almost everything. And I may do new rotors and brakes since it has a very hard pull to the left when braking, emergency stops it spins the steering wheels if you aren’t careful. I’m sure the 20s don’t help out either. But I’ve been working on the dodge a lot recently since that seems to be the cheaper project to get back on the road

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
No updates other than I moved it around to the backside of our property to make room to work with the crewcab, nothing big just chasing exhaust leaks

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Drove her around for a few weeks while I was working on the Crew, first issue started when the heater stopped blowing hot on the way to work, on the way home the truck wouldn’t get over 50 and was making a noise like the idler pulley was locked, stopped to check it and all at once the engine started pouring smoke from everywhere and the radiator had pushed every bit of coolant into the overflow into the ground. Got it towed home and discovered head gasket failure, all this literally a day after I bought new tires and got the tag back up to date

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Believe I’ve found the problem cylinder, it was the only one that had a piece of the gasket sticking into the cylinder, haven’t had a whole lot of time to work on it due to my promotion to manager at my workplace especially with the 12 hour shifts

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
****, you and those damn engine problems lol. I feel your pain though, mine's with brakes. Looking forward to more updates

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
got these done a few nights ago, smoked lenses with green LED bulbs, Pretty good deal on the lenses also

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Worked on cleaning the block for the new gaskets, guess I’m into it for more than a new head gasket, appears I have a cracked head on the intake valve side