Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the brand/size?

20201112_155220-jpg.228079
That's the push rod but, what brand heads do you have? That would help to source your replacement parts.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I couldn't see it behind the bracket. I'll try to look deeper. Oh and what would it take to build this motor?

You must be registered for see images attach

Kevco2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running that ht383e GM truck re-power kit crate motor in my 1997 Suburban and it works great for me
But I got it over $2000 cheaper than that
Though Im not sure how it compares to the stock 350 since I bought the truck with a blown engine

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running that ht383e GM truck re-power kit crate motor in my 1997 Suburban and it works great for me
But I got it over $2000 cheaper than that
Though Im not sure how it compares to the stock 350 since I bought the truck with a blown engine

Awesome just incase the damage is more severe I'm just looking at all my options. My next question would be does anybody know a ball park how much it would cost to build my 350 into that 383e. I would want it durable and as apples to apples with that motor? Assuming my old block is ok?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One day I would love to get this motor back in the truck.
This block had 425k miles she was good to us.
Some time I'll take it to a machine shop to get cleaned and checked for cracks..

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I believe everybody right. I replaced the stud (just to move it) lol. And I'm sure I set the rocker arm wrong but either way still knocking like it was before. Well now that the truck is in the garage. Gonna look into tearing it apart again. Dig deeper like you all recommended and see what I can do. Just sucks cuz I'm really not sure what I'm doing. But I'm not afraid to learn or take it apart. For now shes in her resting area. Show time gets to start but realistically she probably wont be running til next year. Thanks for your help and I'll keep everybody posted. I also worked on the dash some more today and got her looking decent. I'll post those pics in the morning.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well heres the daylight pics. All you need is plenty of glue, gutter guards, oh and dash skin and duct tape. Boom you got a decent enough budget dash fix. Lol.
When my new headlight switch finally gets here I'll slap in the bezel and take that pic:)