Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well heres the daylight pics. All you need is plenty of glue, gutter guards, oh and dash skin and duct tape. Boom you got a decent enough budget dash fix. Lol.
When my new headlight switch finally gets here I'll slap in the bezel and take that pic:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Great job on the dash!! Don't feel bad, I’m pretty much in the same boat, poor girl just sitting, she needs a heart transplant. I just dumped $400-$500 in her too.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great job on the dash!! Don't feel bad, I’m pretty much in the same boat, poor girl just sitting, she needs a heart transplant. I just dumped $400-$500 in her too.

I appreciate it. Good news is shes at least is movable. Badnews is she need some work that's not my area lol. Engines are something I want done right not guessing lol. Plus I really falling in love with the idea of throwing in a 383. Problem with that is I dont wanna throw 6g. But if I'm ever gonna restore her, now would be the time. Just money I dont have

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate it. Good news is shes at least is movable. Badnews is she need some work that's not my area lol. Engines are something I want done right not guessing lol. Plus I really falling in love with the idea of throwing in a 383. Problem with that is I dont wanna throw 6g. But if I'm ever gonna restore her, now would be the time. Just money I dont have
No problem, mine is still moveable also but needs some attention badly. I can swap a motor but I’m not doing any major work on one lol. I also wanna get the 383 but I’ll probably just opt out for a stock replacement because of the cost. Later down the road ill build the motor.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem, mine is still moveable also but needs some attention badly. I can swap a motor but I’m not doing any major work on one lol. I also wanna get the 383 but I’ll probably just opt out for a stock replacement because of the cost. Later down the road ill build the motor.

I think that's what will most likely be done if the damage is too severe. 6g is too much. I see 350 about 2g but still never know. For now I'll tinker with the stuff I'm more comfortable with

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes I don't think too many of us have a 383 in the budget anytime soon! I need to get my front end work done and buy 2 tires, and my Burb has begun doing this thing where it needs a little extra gas on startup. Might be the coolant temperature sensor going bad, might be fuel pressure regulator, oh and yes it's a vortec so intake gaskets and fuel injection are needed.......I thought it was a Chevrolet not that money pit ferd.....at least it still runs! 383 would be my ultimate goal too. Everything good about a small block, but you do have to pay for it.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I think that's what will most likely be done if the damage is too severe. 6g is too much. I see 350 about 2g but still never know. For now I'll tinker with the stuff I'm more comfortable with
Yes I could probably handle the gaskets, but I'm not confident about the distributor. Wish my country cousin was a lot closer, I'd go see him and we could knock it out. When I'm working on a gravel driveway by daylight, it complicates things.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I don't think too many of us have a 383 in the budget anytime soon! I need to get my front end work done and buy 2 tires, and my Burb has begun doing this thing where it needs a little extra gas on startup. Might be the coolant temperature sensor going bad, might be fuel pressure regulator, oh and yes it's a vortec so intake gaskets and fuel injection are needed.......I thought it was a Chevrolet not that money pit ferd.....at least it still runs! 383 would be my ultimate goal too. Everything good about a small block, but you do have to pay for it.

Before mine needed a break. 2 issues I've noticed was start up would shake and hesitate like as if intake or something wasnt sealed. And 2 I was loosening coolant behind the motor. Something was leaking on the starter and would puddle over night. Never saw where it was coming from. I was gonna test the expansion tank. Wouldn't be surprised if it's from the passenger head. She needs brakes, big 5, and rear pinion checked. Probably rear axle seals too. Once that's takin care of I also wanna get new leafs on the rear. And slowly just getting her protected so she will be like new for when she gets back on the road. Wish I could win the lotto:)

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I could probably handle the gaskets, but I'm not confident about the distributor. Wish my country cousin was a lot closer, I'd go see him and we could knock it out. When I'm working on a gravel driveway by daylight, it complicates things.

Same here the people I know are too far... one in texas city and always busy and the other is towards San marcos

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Before mine needed a break. 2 issues I've noticed was start up would shake and hesitate like as if intake or something wasnt sealed. And 2 I was loosening coolant behind the motor. Something was leaking on the starter and would puddle over night. Never saw where it was coming from. I was gonna test the expansion tank. Wouldn't be surprised if it's from the passenger head. She needs brakes, big 5, and rear pinion checked. Probably rear axle seals too. Once that's takin care of I also wanna get new leafs on the rear. And slowly just getting her protected so she will be like new for when she gets back on the road. Wish I could win the lotto:)
Yes you and me both! I'd get a decent DD for mom and get the shop fixed up, then start on my Burb and get everything like it should be. Mine just turned 191 thousand so a baby compared to yours, but it's coming up on all the "do by 200k" stuff.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes you and me both! I'd get a decent DD for mom and get the shop fixed up, then start on my Burb and get everything like it should be. Mine just turned 191 thousand so a baby compared to yours, but it's coming up on all the "do by 200k" stuff.

That's awesome. I'm driving a toyota highlander. So much smaller and different then the suburban. But cant complain it gets me to point a and b. Least I can save money on gas