Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
With all the coolant hoses fit and attached, It was time to fill the radiator. 5.75 gallons later, I found my first coolant leak. Turns out I forgot teflon tape on the fitting for the throttle body heater. Note the modification I did to the fitting to make it clear the EGR, which I then didn't use. The block-off plate came from my 350. At some point I may run the digital EGR on this engine but right now I use that input for my wideband.

You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Now for the fun part, the exhaust. I modified the original y-pipe to fit. Eventually I want to get a set of headers and make a new exhaust. Very, very temporary and I have a persistent leak on one side. I don't trust the hardware either. But anyway here's the first full mock up.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
As I buttoned more stuff up in anticipation of the break in, I realized that I couldn't find the dipstick for the trans. I bought it with the trans and it vanished at some point. My buddy gave me his and I filled it up with sweet sweet Dexron VI.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Prototype exhaust pipe. The cat was completely empty of it's own doing. The drivers side has the PCM narrowband oxygen sensor, and the passenger side has the wideband.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Test fitting the pipe and spink, the hardware breaks off on the driver manifold. I knew I should have replaced them, wishful thinking I guess. It goes into a blind hole too. :nono:
On the plus side I proved that you can remove the manifolds in-car.