Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Double and triple checking wiring pinout. The PCM connector needed a few things moved as I started with a 5.7 harness but was using a 7.4 bin. Also the 4L60E to 4L80E changes needed to be made.

You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Test fit #3. This is the final test fit, to actually sink the engine on the mounts and cut heater hoses, check harness routing and determine the exhaust placement. I re checked oil pan clearance and made sure the trans cooler lines cleared the oil pump housing.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looks really good so far! I like how you are being very meticulous and methodical about checking every aspect of this swap. There's so much more to this job than if it was " back in the day " like our old Cadillac Burb. If we still had the truck, I would call it "the original Escalade ".
Does SD require a front license plate? I have a custom plate Dad had made for ours that was hand lettered with "Cadillac powered ". If I can get it out next time I'm in the shop I will get a picture of it.​

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Cleaned up the mount plates on a reasonably warm April day, flap disc the mill scale and rust off, primer, paint.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I made a trip to the junkyard in April to pick up some oddball parts, including a knock sensor and a floor clip for the trans cable, a purge solenoid, some air cleaner mounting bolts as mine had gone missing. Normally I only go into the office if I need to know where to find something, so I was surprised when one of the workers came over and told me I wasn't supposed to be in the yard. Apparently the insurance company told them they could no longer allow people to pull their own parts due to liability. So I grabbed up my stuff, took it up and paid for it, and I haven't gone back since. Our other junkyard which is nicer but further from my house gets all that business now. If the other yard can figure out how to maintain self service there has to be a way, they just don't want to.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
With the knock sensor installed, it was time for the moment of truth. Installing the engine for real.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
As an aside, my dash harness is from a Suburban, does anyone know what this connector is for? It is on the firewall side of the dash harness and has no equivalent on the truck harness.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
As an aside, my dash harness is from a Suburban, does anyone know what this connector is for? It is on the firewall side of the dash harness and has no equivalent on the truck harness.

Not sure about the harness, but that engine looks like GM put that motor in there! Very nice!