Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The setup. I now own this particular viewer. I have most of the GM fiche for every brand we had.

You must be registered for see images attach
Well, when you're working on old cars and trucks, guess it helps to have old tools LOL. Cool that you were able to get the viewer and the software.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Pistons installed. Nothing to it. Rod bearing clearances checked. I am using olds bearings, they run on the tight side which I prefer in this application.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Oil pump drive shaft cleaned up and installed. Cam thrust button in place. The factory setup jankily uses the fuel pump eccentric rubbing on the timing cover as its thrust control. Leaves a nasty mark.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Mostly assembled. You can see the temp sensor just under the thermostat outlet. There is a boss there that was only used in certain applications. I had to drill and tap it to 3/8 NPT. The other side contains my fan switch. The factory temp sender for this engine is very short, has a pigtail harness built into it, and lives behind that AC bracket. There is no room for a modern one, so I had to come up with a solution and put a plug in that location. The answer was a combo unit that contains both the computer sensor and the sender for the gauge. Later model GM cars had them; this one was robbed from a 3100 engine and has the same response curves. It was just a matter of moving the wires around and installing the 3 pin Metripack in the harness.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
More work with brackets and wiring. A was also trying to figure out the best way to plumb brake booster vacuum. There is a port on the TBI adapter for it so I bent a pipe over to the throttle bracket area. Then I test mounted the accessories. That is a CS 144 alternator with a v pulley from a Rambler Cross Country wagon.