Show me your LED's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is pretty cool, but there isn't a specific LED in our clusters just for the needles, you'd have to wire up an additional dual colored LED and do some channeling for the light to only go to the needle, etc...lots of work for it in our trucks.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh no I agree I think it's cool that it's just the needle that does it though instead of a rainbox for a rpm gauge but I don't think it would be cool in a gm400 but if I had a fast car stick shift I would want that.

oh sorry griff I sprayed mine

Dev thanks bud sorry bout all the q's but you are the paint master so I just wanted the details as far as did you clear sand and buff them up at all or just spray them since they're tiny needles. I want to get it right this time. Replacing the needles back on there based off a picture I don't like...My voltage always reads low so I think I placed it on wrong because I have a brand new battery and my gas needle used to be able to go all the way below E before it was out. Now as soon as it touches E I am sputtering to get to a gas station :/ The ONLY correct way I've found to re install the needles is truck running, cluster in, plastic cover off and placing the needles based on a picture from when the truck was warmed up idling...This is what everyone else had to do right? There's no way to just put the needles on the cluster then put the cluster in and it work plus it's impossible for the needles not to deviate away from where you put them trying to get that cluster in...Just checking to make sure everyone else had to do what I did...

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Alright guys, I was going to wait until the Thread was finished BUT.... Here's mine:
You must be registered for see images attach

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Oh no I agree I think it's cool that it's just the needle that does it though instead of a rainbox for a rpm gauge but I don't think it would be cool in a gm400 but if I had a fast car stick shift I would want that.

Dev thanks bud sorry bout all the q's but you are the paint master so I just wanted the details as far as did you clear sand and buff them up at all or just spray them since they're tiny needles. I want to get it right this time. Replacing the needles back on there based off a picture I don't like...My voltage always reads low so I think I placed it on wrong because I have a brand new battery and my gas needle used to be able to go all the way below E before it was out. Now as soon as it touches E I am sputtering to get to a gas station :/ The ONLY correct way I've found to re install the needles is truck running, cluster in, plastic cover off and placing the needles based on a picture from when the truck was warmed up idling...This is what everyone else had to do right? There's no way to just put the needles on the cluster then put the cluster in and it work plus it's impossible for the needles not to deviate away from where you put them trying to get that cluster in...Just checking to make sure everyone else had to do what I did...

I've pulled the needles in my Prelude before. They were completely Orange stock and in the end they were candy blue. Sick! But I vowed I'd never do it again because it was such a PITA to get somewhat accurate.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No f*cking way those headlights are LEDs.
??? They aren't.

I've pulled the needles in my Prelude before. They were completely Orange stock and in the end they were candy blue. Sick! But I vowed I'd never do it again because it was such a PITA to get somewhat accurate.

Yeah this is how I feel I just wish I had something else to give me my exact voltage so I knew where to place it. Same for oil pressure and rpm...Ugh sucks but F it I'll still get er' done...It's things like this everyone else has no problem and I encounter every problem you could. First time I pulled needles off it took day(s) to figure it out and no one on any forum could tell me what to do but turns out on MY TRUCK you have to have it running with the cluster in, needles off and plastic cover off...Then refer to my photo and place the needles where they normally go with the truck running. Did anyone else not have to do this? Because that was the only way my gas gauge and eng temp worked so very curious if anyone else did it another way.