Show me your LED's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Guys I was just noticing how stroker's gauges the needles are all lit up blue where as mine only the small needles are lighting up blue but the speedo and rpm are that dirty clear look...Any idea what I could do to get them more the blue like stroker did?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is all I have a picture of, but the blue in my cluster matches my headunit, my aftermarket gauges and HVAC controls are cool white, under dash lighting is also cool white, and dome light is a PCB with a bunch of HP cool white LEDs on it, it lights up the cab very well.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is all I have a picture of, but the blue in my cluster matches my headunit, my aftermarket gauges and HVAC controls are cool white, under dash lighting is also cool white, and dome light is a PCB with a bunch of HP cool white LEDs on it, it lights up the cab very well.

I finally found my new desktop background.

See now THAT is what I want my needles looking like. Are they the stock white needles that come in the esky clusters? Got to paint mine asap. Clear is not cool all lit up as you can see.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Just paint ur needles white

I want red leds for my gauges and hvac and white for my interior of my truck. The red ones I ordered are for a surprise I will unveil when they come in. I cant decide on blue or purple gauge leds for the Nali though

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just paint ur needles white

Right, but do I just paint the backside and done? Do I brush it on or spray? Also should I clear sand and buff them afterwards or since they're so small just paint? I want the closest to esky white needles as possible.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The needles are so fragile I just got all the yellow off mine taped em shot both sides clear is entirely up to u

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally found my new desktop background.

See now THAT is what I want my needles looking like. Are they the stock white needles that come in the esky clusters? Got to paint mine asap. Clear is not cool all lit up as you can see.

yeah, they're the stock esky cluster needles, you should get the same effect by painting yours, just take off the orange, and paint white in its place...I also used a different LED, I used the WLED-XHP5's in the cluster, I like them alot better than the standard x5's

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, they're the stock esky cluster needles, you should get the same effect by painting yours, just take off the orange, and paint white in its place...I also used a different LED, I used the WLED-XHP5's in the cluster, I like them alot better than the standard x5's

Okay great I already cleared mine a while back as you can see in my pic and they look ok daytime but glowing at night they just look horrible. You can see every little imperfection, but I only paint the backside of the needle white right so it will light up better? Should I clear, sand, and buff them up to or will just paint be fine?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did some searching and apparently they make these different color tape that's perfect for changing needle colors..I just need to pull them off and sand them down to get them perfectly clear. I think before all I did was cotton balls and nailpolish so that's why they look so bad.