Shock problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brnmcadams

Reaction score
OK guys I have a 91 swb and installed a 4 inch drop with shackles and hangers it came with drop shocks but my issue is the passenger shock likes about an inch from bolting up im confused why one bolts up and the other don't any ideas

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Partially compressed? Put it between your legs, grab the shaft, and give it couple tugs. Careful you don't poke your eye out when it lets loose. lol

Go back over your work and make sure the ride height is the same on both sides and everything is installed correctly. Measure.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shocks have same part numbers? Remove other extend and compress both take measurements, recheck measure shock install points.

Brnmcadams

Reaction score
Both have the same part number and both are 19 inches long they are hydrologic instead of gas that may be the problem

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Standard hydraulic dampened, or high end gas pressurized, they are the same left and right. The shocks are probably correct so other hardware or an installation procedure problem. Any damage / accident history?