Shock extension help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I was thinking

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I saw a different brand but I thought these went flat-flat across the back side, then a hole was drilled for a separate bolt.

Second thought… looks like it’s close enough to just pivot down to line the current holes up. So what if the flat isn’t flat? It’s not going anywhere :shrug:
I know what your saying. When I had it pivoted so the holes were really close for a bolt to go through, it wasn't "nested" up against the back of the OE mount. There is another bolt that you drill through the side that anchors the extension so it doesn't pivot. Just not really comfortable with relying solely on a single 5/16" bolt to keep my shock mount from moving.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is what I was thinking
Exactly what I thought you were thinking.im just not sure how much force would be applied without it butting up against the stock mount.
And nice markup skills!!! Way better than my squiggles.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just not really comfortable with relying solely on a single 5/16" bolt to keep my shock mount from moving.
Hmmm, now I’m no psychologist, but I don’t see a shock inputing enough force to sheer a grade 8 bolt. Especially not if it goes through both sides. MAYBE if the shock bottoms out before the springs do, but you'll probably have other issues if that happens LOL
And nice markup skills!!! Way better than my squiggles.
Thanks! I just now found the arrow/line button! :anitoof:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm, now I’m no psychologist, but I don’t see a shock inputing enough force to sheer a grade 8 bolt. Especially not if it goes through both sides. MAYBE if the shock bottoms out before the springs do, but you'll probably have other issues if that happens LOL

Thanks! I just now found the arrow/line button! :anitoof:
I ain't no rocket surgeon either, and I'm sure your probably right, I'm more worried about the extension rotating I guess. And that relies on the little bolt on the side, and it being butted up against the factory mount. So my thought process is the more they are in contact, the less I have to worry about it rotating and snapping the little bolt.
I'm not in any rush anymore to get it done. The snow has already shown it's ugly face. I have at least 4-5 months before this rig hits the streets. Gonna see what the fab shop has to say.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically Belltech said we have sold and installed thousands of these and no one has ever had an issue. So feel free to modify it to make it work.
Wow. "Pound sand" doesn't come across as reassuring to spectators who might also be considering Belltech in the future. A company that take QA seriously would want to know why it doesn't fit right.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. "Pound sand" doesn't come across as reassuring to spectators who might also be considering Belltech in the future. A company that take QA seriously would want to know why it doesn't fit right.
That's why I went with Belltech, they have been doing this a long time. Basically the OG's of lowering these trucks. Not a good feeling after spending $1600 on their kit. Had to tap one of the holes in the spindle to attach the brake shield as well. But as my buddy said, this is custom stuff, can't expect it to always fit right.
I don't know, maybe somehow I smashed into something back in the day. But It doesn't look all bent up. Brought my extension into work today, gonna swing by and talk to the fab shop at some point today.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just dropped my extension off at the fab shop. They are going to weld up the holes, re-drill the holes and reshape it for me. He's hoping to get it snuck in next week hopefully.
So I'm going to get a template made this weekend so they know where to drill.
The light at the end of the tunnel is not necessarily an oncoming train!!!

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That escalated quickly. Sorry to hear man.