97 chevy suburban k1500 5.7 axle help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Rear right U bolt broke. Pulled passenger side back slightly & moved driver side forward slightly. Have all parts. Putting back together but I'm at a loss on this. Drier side
Bumper plate -3° leaf plate height 13 3/4" (low) 17 3/4" (high) end of agle
Passenger side
Bumper plates +3° leaf plate height 14 1/2" (low) 17 1/2" (high).
Any help appreciated.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Can you post some pics because I am a bit confused by the explanation?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is the confusion that the spring pack is thicker on one side than the other? Is the ride height different from side to side?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is a large amount of rust build up as well.

Reaction score
Same spring setup 4/1. The passenger side has always had a little lean. Originally it was from a bad Shock & now I was under the assumption it was because of the broken ubolt.(front u inside bolt). Couldn't tell it was broken until i was just digging out build up in leaf pack plate. But the further I dig into this truck the more I think I bought a DIY/HACK Job from previous owner. The truck has had its problems but I was hoping to keep it on the road until spring, then park it, buy a 99 Suburban LT & rebuild the 97 back to its glory days as a weekend driver (always loved these trucks) had an 01 & 03 but they rust out so bad after the plant was moved to Mexico (so I was told)