Need CV axle and ABS/wheel speed sensor info for '97 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A hard stop won't necessarily activate antiskid. Certain conditions must be met. Panic stop or if I don't stop I go the cliff type of situation. The earlier trucks 94 or 93 and before have rear wheel only.
On these trucks I install the knuckle hub first the slide the inner flange up and attach.

Zelda

Reaction score
That was going to
A hard stop won't necessarily activate antiskid. Certain conditions must be met. Panic stop or if I don't stop I go the cliff type of situation. The earlier trucks 94 or 93 and before have rear wheel only.
On these trucks I install the knuckle hub first the slide the inner flange up and attach.
That was going to be my next question! Should I install the wheel hub assembly into the knuckle, then put the knuckle on, then stab the axle shaft through the hub/knuckle and then attach to the inner flange? Or, can I install the wheel hub after mounting the knuckle and axle?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should I install the wheel hub assembly into the knuckle, then put the knuckle on, then stab the axle shaft through the hub/knuckle and then attach to the inner flange? Or, can I install the wheel hub after mounting the knuckle and axle?
Your choice. Doesn't matter.

When I do it, I put the hub into the (cleaned-up) steering knuckle, simply because it's a pain in the asp to torque the hub bolts to the knuckle when the knuckle is installed. Hang the hub/knuckle assembly from one of the ball joints. Slide the CV splines into the hub, and then attach the other ball joint and tie rod end. Route the speed sensor harness, and finish-up the rotor, brake caliper, brake hose, etc.