99 k3500 abs delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTrev

Reaction score
I’m really tired of this abs system looking in to the proportioning valve and gmt800 master cylinder upgrade.

Here’s my question when I’m detaching the abs system, is there any wiring associated with the security system that I need to modify? I’ve seen a videos on a splice in the orange/black trace and yellow lines at 275 ohms at the ignition and another video with purple/white trace wire to splice with a black wire. I think, I can’t find that video. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance

ROAD

Reaction score
You can just unplug it or cut it back,if you cut it watch out for the purple wire were it Y s . Thats the security system.

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how much different a 99 is but I just did this on a 95. I kept the original master cylinder. I pulled the fuse on the ABS. I found the activation wire for the dash light and wired it into the switch on the combination valve. The light is activated by a path to ground. By the way my brakes work properly now minus the ABS function. The long pedal travel and slow response during panic braking is gone.