What shocks for 10 inch drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laraalan

Reaction score
Hello im getting my truck dropped sometime next week its a 92 silverado ext cab i was wondering what shocks i should get the drop would consist of a flip kit 2 inch drop shackles 2 inch lowering hangers

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello im getting my truck dropped sometime next week its a 92 silverado ext cab i was wondering what shocks i should get the drop would consist of a flip kit 2 inch drop shackles 2 inch lowering hangers
That’s pretty low. Are you notching the bed?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you getting a shop to do this? If so, they should definitely be able to tell you what you should be using, and if not, find another shop!

10" is really dang low for a static drop, going that low you should really be looking hard at airbags or a hydraulic system.

If you are going static, you will definitely need shock extenders both top and bottom.

laraalan

Reaction score
Are you getting a shop to do this? If so, they should definitely be able to tell you what you should be using, and if not, find another shop!

10" is really dang low for a static drop, going that low you should really be looking hard at airbags or a hydraulic system.

If you are going static, you will definitely need shock extenders both top and bottom.
me and my mechanic are doing it in my driveway shops quoting me 3000 for a 5/7 and to me thats pretty expensive i dint know what it wiuld normally cost but kits ive seen are ariund 1-2 k

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
install the shock extenders and with the weight of the truck on the ground measure from mount to mount on both sides. Call belltech and give them the measurements.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Please take the bed off and remove the leafs before you notch!

We just had a thread about somebody trying to notch and ended up folding the frame because they 'did it in their driveway with their buddy for cheaper'

IDK if there is some trend happening with these trucks but I hope it doesn't last.

EDIT, I meant to say I hope the cheap slammed trend doesnt last. If your going to ride slammed, do it right.