Riggs - My 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 CCLB work truck and family play machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Yeah, sweet! What year, modded or stock?
'91 7MGE with the A340 auto, limited slip, and the metal moon roof, not the targa top. 98% OEM parts from '91. Almost nothing has been changed ever, and it shows. She doesn't start currently, and I'm supposed to be trading her for a '90 Z28, but I'm kinda reconsidering.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
'91 7MGE with the A340 auto, limited slip, and the metal moon roof, not the targa top. 98% OEM parts from '91. Almost nothing has been changed ever, and it shows. She doesn't start currently, and I'm supposed to be trading her for a '90 Z28, but I'm kinda reconsidering.

Your engine designation is missing a T.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have to add something to your fan woes; an S10 fan bolts in place of the factory fan; it's a plastic 11 blade; my truck had the whimpy metal 5-blade so I swapped it out when I had to replace my radiator. I've got it paired with a Hayden Severe Service fan clutch and when the fan spins up my truck runs ice cold.
S10 Fan
The hot ticket for the 6.5 diesel was to use the Duramax plastic fan. It might work for the 454 as well.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are an oddball with hard to find parts, but cool cars. Even the MKIII’s get pretty good attention.

That said a 3rd Gen fbody should definitely be way easier and cheaper to build out, repair, etc.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The hot ticket for the 6.5 diesel was to use the Duramax plastic fan. It might work for the 454 as well.
Yeah they have a different bolt pattern. Need the screw on type fan clutch to make those work, the 454s are the 4-bolt old school style. I couldn’t find a way to make the Duramax fan work. Maybe there’s a clutch out there that would allow it but I couldn’t find it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah they have a different bolt pattern. Need the screw on type fan clutch to make those work, the 454s are the 4-bolt old school style. I couldn’t find a way to make the Duramax fan work. Maybe there’s a clutch out there that would allow it but I couldn’t find it.

This is why it seems odd to me that the S10 fan fits Brody's truck, because that's been my understanding as well. And my 1500 came with a plastic fan and screw on clutch, but it ate my battery charger one day and got itself replaced with a MarkVIII efan.