Recommend a easy install reliable remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never have i just hooked up the keyless part of a remote start....haha
Yeah, I would but, when the engine is cold it takes ~2 seconds to start but, when it's warm it takes maybe 1 rotation to start. I don't wanna have the starter cranking for +/- 1-1/2 second after the engine is already running :( It's no big deal, I don't drive all that often anyway. It'll be a while before I get back to it but, I'll update when I do. Thanks again! :waytogo:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would but, when the engine is cold it takes ~2 seconds to start but, when it's warm it takes maybe 1 rotation to start. I don't wanna have the starter cranking for +/- 1-1/2 second after the engine is already running :( It's no big deal, I don't drive all that often anyway. It'll be a while before I get back to it but, I'll update when I do. Thanks again! :waytogo:
no reason for overcrank.... You have me thinking you believe the crank output is timed. That it is NOT! The crank output is TACH monitored. It stops cranking when the vehicle starts..... Just giving all the info i can so an educated decision can be made to benefit your needs. Just let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.....

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no reason for overcrank.... You lead me to think your crank is a timed output. That it is NOT! The crank output is TACH monitored. It stops cranking when the vehicle starts..... Just giving all the info i can so an educated decision can be made to benefit your needs. Just let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.....
Oh, OK. I was just going by the "Feature Menus" where in Menu 2, #4 "Crank Time" default is 0.6 seconds so, I assumed (I know what that stands for) you set that for how long it cranks :33:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, OK. I was just going by the "Feature Menus" where in Menu 2, #4 "Crank Time" default is 0.6 seconds so, I assumed (I know what that stands for) you set that for how long it cranks :33:
The crank time is for the virtual tach. If you use the tach or the voltage sense, then that crank output becomes a monitored output......

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Wh4t3v3rs you seem very knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask, with my existing keyless entry, would the viper remote program the same as a factory fob? Or does it just hard wire to operate door locks.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The viper remotes require a viper brain and antenna. If you have a factory keyless, then adding aftermarket keyless/remote start is a breeze for the doorlocks. The relays are already installed for you and you just tap into the control wires.

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The viper remotes require a viper brain and antenna. If you have a factory keyless, then adding aftermarket keyless/remote start is a breeze for the doorlocks. The relays are already installed for you and you just tap into the control wires.
I assumed it was hard wired, but thought maybe it just might utilize the factory signal. Thanks for the info. Did I see where you're a dealer for these. I'm thinking about just a basic unit for start and keyless entry.