Recommend a easy install reliable remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need a remote start for my 1994 5.7 auto k1500 that has power locks also,what brand and model would you guys recommend for a reliable remote start and locks that is fairly easy to install. Reliable is the most important ease of install 2nd.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and suggest a DEI product (Viper, Python, Avital). I've got 30+ years installing and Viper is my goto product. I can help you with choosing one and purchasing one if needed. I can also provide a wiring chart with OEM wire colors and locations, and just about anything else you'd need ....

Zerio29

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
x2 on the Viper/python. There was one in my truck when I bought it so I can't speak to the install procedure. But amazing product! blows every OEM FOB out of the water.

rtaylor93

Reaction score
I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and suggest a DEI product (Viper, Python, Avital). I've got 30+ years installing and Viper is my goto product. I can help you with choosing one and purchasing one if needed. I can also provide a wiring chart with OEM wire colors and locations, and just about anything else you'd need ....
I'm interested in your wire diagram and exact part number you'd recommend. I really only want to be able to remote start my truck, no other bells and whistles. Ideally(if it's even a thing) I could just set a time and it'd start on it's own before my alarm even goes off.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this but - I've got a Viper system, keyless entry and remote start, but I have no idea which system. Any identifying numbers on the remote are gone.
I'd like to use the same or similar system in my new truck. I believe the remote can do two vehicles.
End result is I'd like both vehicles controlled by one remote.
What do you think?! Here is the remote. That is my handy holder I made after the key ring loop broke after a month! My holder has worked for years now!

You must be registered for see images attach

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need a remote start for my 1994 5.7 auto k1500 that has power locks also,what brand and model would you guys recommend for a reliable remote start and locks that is fairly easy to install. Reliable is the most important ease of install 2nd.
I've used a Viper system for quite a while now. Remote start and keyless entry. No issues I recall. Been reliable.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in your wire diagram and exact part number you'd recommend. I really only want to be able to remote start my truck, no other bells and whistles. Ideally(if it's even a thing) I could just set a time and it'd start on it's own before my alarm even goes off.
I can help all around..... Viper makes a single button remote start that only starts the vehicle and has 1/4 miles range Viper 4115v. To set your vehicle up to start on a schedule is very doable!! BUT, its kind of a big bell and whistle, but super convenient and cool! You will need to do a 2 way remote start, Viper 4816v is the one button version, and you add the Viper VS550 Smart Start. It gives you complete control of your vehicle from your smart phone, including setting up a start schedule!!!!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this but - I've got a Viper system, keyless entry and remote start, but I have no idea which system. Any identifying numbers on the remote are gone.
I'd like to use the same or similar system in my new truck. I believe the remote can do two vehicles.
End result is I'd like both vehicles controlled by one remote.
What do you think?! Here is the remote. That is my handy holder I made after the key ring loop broke after a month! My holder has worked for years now!

You must be registered for see images attach
Yes sir, 2 car operation is still an option. Unfortunately the only way to get that option is to use the LCD 2 way remote start, Viper 4706v. Super NICE piece!!! So many options and flexibility!!!!