Recommend a easy install reliable remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed a cheapo keyless entry from Amazon. I can't remember the brand. You have to be dang near on the door for it to work, but it's better than fumbling through keys every time.
if you think you might wanna upgrade that to a little nicer piece with way better range, I can help you out with that.......

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will be able to find those factory wires (light blue and black/white) in the drivers door harness ...... door side will be the switch and the truck side will be the actuator....
Hey, @Wh4t3v3rs thanks for all your help! I finally got around to installing the 4105V and can't figure out what connector/pin supplies the 12v positive. On the Primary Harness I see pin #8 is the chassis ground. Do you know where the remote controller gets its power? The heavy gauge relay has 2 red wires with 30A fuses but, I didn't think they would feed a PC board with 30Amps?

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, @Wh4t3v3rs thanks for all your help! I finally got around to installing the 4105V and can't figure out what connector/pin supplies the 12v positive. On the Primary Harness I see pin #8 is the chassis ground. Do you know where the remote controller gets its power? The heavy gauge relay has 2 red wires with 30A fuses but, I didn't think they would feed a PC board with 30Amps?
you have two 12 volts (10ga)_on the main harness that powers everything...... your ground is on the secondary plug with the light flash (white wire). Make sure you ground that black/white stripe (parking brake) or it won't start.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have two 12 volts (10ga)_on the main harness that powers everything...... your ground is on the secondary plug with the light flash (white wire). Make sure you ground that black/white stripe (parking brake) or it won't start.
Thanks, I'm only hooking up the remote door locks, I don't care about remote start. So those 10ga wires feed that too?

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm only hooking up the remote door locks, I don't care about remote start. So those 10ga wires feed that too?
One of them does.... educated guess would be pin #1 Red. Never have i just hooked up the keyless part of a remote start....haha

Let me know, curiosity had got me!!

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and suggest a DEI product (Viper, Python, Avital). I've got 30+ years installing and Viper is my goto product. I can help you with choosing one and purchasing one if needed. I can also provide a wiring chart with OEM wire colors and locations, and just about anything else you'd need ....
I’m going to risk asking a possibly controversial question, lol does DEI offer any remote start for manual trans? Go easy on me haha