Recommend a easy install reliable remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can help all around..... Viper makes a single button remote start that only starts the vehicle and has 1/4 miles range Viper 4115v. To set your vehicle up to start on a schedule is very doable!! BUT, its kind of a big bell and whistle, but super convenient and cool! You will need to do a 2 way remote start, Viper 4816v is the one button version, and you add the Viper VS550 Smart Start. It gives you complete control of your vehicle from your smart phone, including setting up a start schedule!!!!
What’s best Entry Level Viper model(entry/remote start) for our trucks? Thanks

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4105 is my most popular and affordable.
The 4806 is the first model I can do remote start on a manual transmission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4105 is my most popular and affordable.
The 4806 is the first model I can do remote start on a manual transmission.
That’s remote start only, doesn’t unlock/lock doors?

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the 4105 does lock/unlock/remote start/trunk release..... 1/2 mile range and dependable like no other!!! My goto for entry level, dealerships, and simple wanting customers.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes sir, 2 car operation is still an option. Unfortunately the only way to get that option is to use the LCD 2 way remote start, Viper 4706v. Super NICE piece!!! So many options and flexibility!!!!
Ok, was wondering since my remote has a button on the side I was told was to switch to a second vehicle.
I'd just like to be able to control my current keyless/remote start and the one for the new truck with one remote.
Do I just need the remote or two new units also?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the 4105 does lock/unlock/remote start/trunk release..... 1/2 mile range and dependable like no other!!! My goto for entry level, dealerships, and simple wanting customers.
Will the 4105 work on my 88 C1500? Will it need relay(s) to work?

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the 4105 work on my 88 C1500? Will it need relay(s) to work?
It will, and yes you will. The door locks in the 88-94 are resting at ground at the switch, so you must break the signal with a relay...... I know I've posted a hand drawn schematic on how to wire them, but if you need that again just let me know .....

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, was wondering since my remote has a button on the side I was told was to switch to a second vehicle.
I'd just like to be able to control my current keyless/remote start and the one for the new truck with one remote.
Do I just need the remote or two new units also?
I understand that, and the older Vioers that was feature built in, but they discontinued it except for the LCD units. You get 2 remotes to each RS, and you just cross learn. The remote has to have the capability of keeping up with TWO different rolling frequencies, as the Viper never uses the same remote frequency twice. Thats keeps a potential theft from "grabbing" the remote frequency and controlling the unit

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I understand that, and the older Vioers that was feature built in, but they discontinued it except for the LCD units. You get 2 remotes to each RS, and you just cross learn. The remote has to have the capability of keeping up with TWO different rolling frequencies, as the Viper never uses the same remote frequency twice. Thats keeps a potential theft from "grabbing" the remote frequency and controlling the unit
Ok, thank you. So essentially if I want to run two vehicles off one remote I am going to have to get a new unit installed in each vehicle to pair with the LCD remote?