Reccomend Me Some Good Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I don't tow with my black truck, but I probably use/abuse them just as hard, if not harder, than if I did. The R1's were on the truck for almost 3 years before the engine went to the graveyard. No cracks, no warping, no issues. I would have killed 2 sets of the stocker rotors in that time.

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought some R1's as a result of the good reviews in this thread. Will give an update after I get some miles on them.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't tow with my black truck, but I probably use/abuse them just as hard, if not harder, than if I did. The R1's were on the truck for almost 3 years before the engine went to the graveyard. No cracks, no warping, no issues. I would have killed 2 sets of the stocker rotors in that time.

Did you get the E-LINE Series or the Premium Series rotors? Too bad they don't have drums for the 8600 lb. GVW C2500s.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Had 'em for a while now. Pretty sue that they were the premium. They had a coating on 'em. Zinc?
Can't acces the site from my phone.

phstratton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Did they rust bad?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Nope. I did paint the hub portion with black header paint, though.
But the actual rotor part has stayed shiny, even after sitting for the last while.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Nope. I did paint the hub portion with black header paint, though.
But the actual rotor part has stayed shiny, even after sitting for the last while.

Thanks to your suggestion I have taken delivery of a nice new set of R1Concepts slotted rotors. These babies are beautiful, I got the E-Line ones. They are coated in Zinc but don't have the hub pre-painted or anything like that. I can take pics for anyone who wants to see them when I get home from work tonight. They are still in the box, I hope to put them on this weekend if I have time and it's not too hot out.