Drilled/slotted or smooth rotors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I all I know is that too much heat on the pads or rotors is no good! Like pinger says an a few others yes all these slotted or drilled rotors are more of a racing application. but being people drive there own or a company vehicle like it’s track day out on the streets while they have no emergency happening it’s just them going from A-B going way over all speed limits and limit is that top speed you should not go past but people now think it’s just a starting point/suggestion! So yeah more people are going to have heating issues with they’re cars hince more extreme driving they are putting the vehicle though. So if a few drilled though holes help dissipate that heat a few degrees better than not having them then most are for it that understand what I just said. But you do run risks of cracks or whatever issues that have been brought up but where do you live how hot are your rotors getting then cooling down as one guy mentioned he lives in mountains so lots of braking along with cold temps ya it’s not faulty equipment it’s just simple physics of what happens with reaction to action! Sorry for the novel lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Your wheels are not amg? Not downing your ride but amg sports don’t count as amg’s! Your a S55 or65?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your wheels are not amg? Not downing your ride but amg sports don’t count as amg’s! Your a S55 or65?
I have aftermarket wheels. I agree that sports don't count, mine is an S55, stock internals. Here's a link to how it sounds
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• S55 rt 13.jpg
    S55 rt 13.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 5

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
UHGT OH!!! SYN DOGG rollin hard as a M! All murdered out!!! Looking like a more new lol cool j from in too deep rollin up of folks!!! Lol now back to being super white bread that’s a very nice car sir!!! Hahaha

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
At first I thought person was dropping the camera lol but it’s hard to tell good exhaust from not on videos just like a car running some how regular recordings seem to make to me everything sound like somethings wrong but that’s just me it’s one of those you can’t tell unless you’re in person how awesome a paint job is.

dryslk

Reaction score
If U R concerned with Rotor Life & Durability Welcome 2 the World of CRYO Treatment its good enough that City of New York uses it on their vehicles 4 longer Life & Xtened wear p.s. its Racing's best known Secret

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny, my S class is debadged except for the star on the trunk and the gun sight on the hood. Only way you can tell it's an AMG car is the brakes and exhaust tips. Hadn't considered doing that to a kitty though.
They'd just think it was a 392 until you mashed on it..

Richard