Reccomend Me Some Good Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a little surprised at all the folks running drilled rotors. Is anyone having issues with cracking? It seems that they would be a real problem when towing.

I bought a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors from summit and they rusted And cracked within the first month of use! So I will never cheap out on brakes again !

Thanks to your suggestion I have taken delivery of a nice new set of R1Concepts slotted rotors. These babies are beautiful, I got the E-Line ones. They are coated in Zinc but don't have the hub pre-painted or anything like that. I can take pics for anyone who wants to see them when I get home from work tonight. They are still in the box, I hope to put them on this weekend if I have time and it's not too hot out.

Pics please, I am in the market for new brakes for my silverado and I want something nice!

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Here are a few pics I jut snapped with them in the box. I'm actually about to put them on today with brand new timken bearings and EBC green 7000 series pads.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Nice!! I think that's what I will order for my ride.

Thanks for the pics

Anytime. They make them when you order them. Then they send them to their zinc place and then they go out to you. That's how they explained it to me anyways. If the shipping wasn't free I would have went down there and picked them up. They are about 1 1/2 hour or so drive from me, but shipping is free and ups so I just let them send it out. I got them pretty quick too.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the free shipping, makes me feel like I'm getting a steal of a price for them. I think the set was $155 if I remember correctly. I can get the OEM replacements here for about $50 each but who wants stock lol

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Yeah I think I paid $168 or something like that. Now that I am in the process of installing them though. Some advice request that they do not put races in at all. They installed races and then sent them to the zinc place so the races are in there damn good. I ended up putting the rotors in the freezer for awhile to make it easier to get the races out. To be honest I don't even know why they put them in there. Who in their right kind would actually use them and not the ones that come with the bearings they are about to install.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Ok here are some pics of the aftermath LoL! Just to recap, r1concepts slotted rotors, EBC green stuff 7000 series pads and new timken bearings. I also already went for a test drive and holy batman does this thing stop really well now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2