Reasonable price or no?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help and Suggestions' started by Huskey4Huskers, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Huskey4Huskers

Huskey4Huskers Newbie

I’ve been looking really hard for this style of pickup and have found a few. The first one is a 95 1500 with 82,000 miles and I would say almost very good condition. They’re asking $11,900. Personally I think it’s too high but am wanting feedback from y’all. The second one is a 97 with 141,000 would say good condition and they want $9,900. What’s everyone’s thoughts? Thanks in advance.

SUBURBAN5 and HotWheelsBurban like this.
  2. Stumpy

Stumpy Heavy Chevy

Just going by what I've read on here, avoid the 95 model year, because of some one year oddities.

Both seem priced high for my neck of the woods.

3. SUBURBAN5

SUBURBAN5 I'm Awesome

There both a bit high. I agree. But going in with an open thought. So I would also avoid 95. As for the 97 141k for almost 10k seems more tolerable for me. However I would look all over that truck. Assuming it wasnt beat to hell remember your getting to the point of major repairs, tranny, fuel pump, maybe transfer case if 4x4. I shoot at 7k

4. Huskey4Huskers

Huskey4Huskers Newbie

Thank you for the reply’s. What is it with the 95’s, I’m new to this forum so just curious what problems they have.

HotWheelsBurban and SUBURBAN5 like this.
  5. SUBURBAN5

SUBURBAN5 I'm Awesome

Not necessarily problems. Just 95 was when they came out with newer style stuff in an old tbi system. Because of that lot of stuff is for 95 only. Biggest one is transmission. Second is electrical wiring. I'm not sure about 96 but I believe they went to vortec. Then in 97-99 or 2000 they had the set up for vortec and trannys and i believe same wiring. Could be wrong but that's my understanding