4L60E Online Order Recs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Non scientific thought here, if it's got a bunch of accident damage, it most likely drove itself to the accident scene. Lol
I believe the years are 92 and up for the 4L60e.
A quick google search should be able to tell you the years they were made.
Good that you have your friend willing to help, that's awesome. And @NickTransmissions does have awesome videos on YouTube that are chock full of great information!
No, not just 92+ (93 was first year). 1993-1994 is one vintage, they are interchageable between those years ONLY. 1995 is a second vintage and a stand alone year. 1996-1997 are interchangeable is between those two years. 1998-2000 are interchangeable with the caveat that the replacement trans was also mated to a small block chevy vortec. 98-02'f body trans use the 300mm stator and TMBX converters and are NOT interchangeable with the 5.7 sbc gen1 4L60Es.

There's lots to inspect/check for when buying a used trans. Accidents can damage transmissions if the rear end and driveshaft are violently pushed forward into the trans...

ghost_credit

Reaction score
Avoid monster transmission. They don't build all their units in house and use whatever mexican no name company will sell a reman to them, and the units they do rebuild are **** (I was regularly told to use used bearings, spun out shafts, used 3/4 clutches)
And when they break (appx 1/2 of shipped units) they make you jump thru hoops to get a fixed one and spend a percentage (50-80% of cost) plus shipping to replace.

Company Is a joke, I worked there for a year. Bossman is the greediest dude I've ever met.

harle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I logged in just to agree how Monster Transmission may be the worst of the worst.