Rear Axle Lift-SOLVED-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Ok.....I will ask one last time nicely, without any remark.....

What is the best way to fabricate brackets for the rear leaf springs so I can raise it about 10-12 inches. I am a no nothing monkey that is asking for help one last time before I get banned out of here.
As mentioned previously, due to your criteria you are rather limited.
Fabricating shackles front and rear, or a subframe bolted to your current frame, attaching your springs to that.
I am unable to provide any pictures because this is such a unique request. Most people who lift understand there will be some level of compromise.

Pighuntin

Reaction score
@Tavi....would you happen to know of a source I could look up to see what others have done in fabricating brackets or possibly a subframe? I initially thought of a sub frame myself but didnt know if I could keep it localized to the rear portion of the leafs or if I would have to build a set for the front part to lower the whole leaf down.

Side note....banned or not, I apologize to any and all who I offended. Error was on me for the majority of this. A 2 inch discrepancy is why I asked this question. When searching for the answers, I saw the folks here seemed plenty helpful and thats why I signed up. I will refrain from any unnecessary comments. If I get banned, thanks for the lessons, burns, and knowledge.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Tavi....would you happen to know of a source I could look up to see what others have done in fabricating brackets or possibly a subframe? I initially thought of a sub frame myself but didnt know if I could keep it localized to the rear portion of the leafs or if I would have to build a set for the front part to lower the whole leaf down.

Side note....banned or not, I apologize to any and all who I offended. Error was on me for the majority of this. A 2 inch discrepancy is why I asked this question. When searching for the answers, I saw the folks here seemed plenty helpful and thats why I signed up. I will refrain from any unnecessary comments. If I get banned, thanks for the lessons, burns, and knowledge.
No one here hates you, and I doubt you are going to get banned. Just be humble and you'll be fine. No one cares who you are or what your background is, we're a community and you can find a ton of helpful people here. Sometimes you don't get the answer you want, but hostility or a toxic attitude aren't going to remedy that.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Probably with a welder.
dammit, you beat me to it.

****** quality and quickly done but this is probably the way id do it if i wanted to do it your way. Those are rough guess deminsions but its 16” from top to bottom and 8” wide.
You must be registered for see images attach

Pighuntin

Reaction score
@Biggershaft96......With the right grade of metal, proper thickness and proper bracing, why would you consider than a ****** way to get it done? Not asking to be combative. Want to know what the cons are to that design? I mean, I think that would work and work well for the long term. But want your thoughts on why it wouldnt be good.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Biggershaft96......With the right grade of metal, proper thickness and proper bracing, why would you consider than a ****** way to get it done? Not asking to be combative. Want to know what the cons are to that design? I mean, I think that would work and work well for the long term. But want your thoughts on why it wouldnt be good.
I think he was referring to the mockup itself

Pighuntin

Reaction score
I see. I will wait for him to reply to get his thoughts and see what he means. Based on the designs he provided, I think that would work well. That design seems like a longer version of whats on the market now. Interested to hear his thoughts on what he means by a bad design.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
These are very crude drawings so bare with me. This is how the axle should sit on the spring pack
this is how it would sit with a 12” lift hanger. This is drawn with a 52” spring and the axle is even 2” forwad in this picture.
See... first problem i see is its not even close to its original position on the spring pack. Next problem i see is it will put alot more stress on the shackle and since its closer to the rear of the spring pack, and the springs arnt going to flex where they should so it will effect the ride quality (im sure it didnt ride great before). Then there is the fact that the axle will be trying to drive away from the spring in drive. Not to mention Thats also alot of leverage pushing rearward on a frame thats only like 3/16th thick so id be worried about cracking that as well, not to mention it would already look like swiss cheese from mounting a hanger like that.

At the end of the day its your truck though, do with it what you see fit. In my opinion its the second worst way to get the job done. First being a 12” block.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers