Rear Axle Lift-SOLVED-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Anybody can fix their own ride. How many of you can actually repair a vehicle to a PROPER working order that lasts reliably for a customers car over and over and over again?

Jesus Christ this guy is still going on about "can YOU guys even fix your trucks right?"

Okay, we get it. Someone get a mod in here to lock this flaming trash bin and ban this guy if all he's going to do is whine and complain about not hearing the answers he clearly had in his mind already. Meanwhile, I'll be fixing my blown head gasket with Elmer's glue, duct taping my driveshaft to my transmission and using hockey pucks for a body lift since that's what this guy seems to think we all do.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
ASE certification the equivalent of a doctor's or pharmacists credentials?
Really? Seriously?
Uhmmm...NOT!
ASE = randomly generated tests submitted by email with a deadline of months to complete with NO certified supervision.
Can you say...GOOGLE? Lololol!!!
ASE don't mean **** when it comes to real world experience.

Pighuntin

Reaction score
22 years experience. FACTORY trained GM technician GMIN number 484238598 ASE A1-A9 L1 and L2. Certifications are certifications no matter the profession. Certifications indicate that the person doing the job is QUALIFIED to do the job no matter the job. A person PROFICIENT at their job will pass ANY test on the given subject EASILY.

I love how the mob is jumping me now and even calling for a moderator to step in. I ask one thing.....From my VERY first post to now.....Who has read EVERY SINGLE word I typed? Was every word understood in full? Many of you are pulling one sentence out of context and making me seem like I am the ******* here. I am betting only a few have read what I typed in full with the scope of my criteria. The rest became a pissing match cause I dared to tell people that a certain solution to their application would not work for mine. Thats all I did.

Pighuntin

Reaction score
I highly doubt you read everything. You are picking the LAST couple statements. Thats all. And a doctorate is NOTHING but certification. Thats all degrees and certificates.

Education time.....

A doctorate (from Latin docere, "to teach") or doctor's degree (from Latin doctor, "teacher") or doctoral degree (from the ancient formalism licentia docendi) is an academic degree awarded by universities that is, in most countries, a research degree that qualifies the holder to teach at the university level in the degree's field, or to work in a specific profession. There are a variety of doctoral degrees, with the most common being the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), which is awarded in many different fields, ranging from the humanities to the scientificdisciplines.

In the United States and some other countries, there are also some types of vocational, technical, or professional degrees that are referred to as doctorates. Professional doctorates have historically come about to meet the needs of practitioners in a variety of disciplines. However, the aims and means of these degrees vary greatly across disciplines making it difficult to claim a universal understanding of professional doctorates. Many universities also award honorary doctorates to individuals who have been deemed worthy of special recognition, either for scholarly work or for other contributions to the university or to society.

Isnt automotive considered VOCATIONAL?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Read every damn word.
Abeit with a slightly bemused smirk.
I've been here long enough to know when it's best just to keep my yap shut when it comes to gong-show threads such as this one.
But, when some yokel shows up here & insists that it's O.K. to pinch off their rear brake lines with some Vise-Grips 'just for a couple of days', (Different story, I digress.) to 'ASE trained mechanics' pounding their chests, expounding their virtues & qualifications while having the audacity to slot themselves into the same paradigm as doctors & pharmacists...well, the smart-ass at the back of the class is calling someone out.
It's just that both of those 2 kinds of crappy crappola remarks, (self-centered, self-serving, egotistical, narcissistic, prima-******'-madonna. Whatever. Take your pic.) really make me see red.
So...congratulations.
You stuck your neck out & became today's lucky contestant.

It's just about time a mod put the clamp-down on this vacuous nonsense, which, while being somewhat entertaining, has degraded to a childish dick-swinging contest from the 3rd post on.

By & large, this is quite a civil community.
Has been for many years, with the slight burp here & there.
This thread would be considered a burp. ...and it's working up to a whole pizza/6-pack sized belch.
Brush-up on the people-skills.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I highly doubt you read everything. You are picking the LAST couple statements. Thats all. And a doctorate is NOTHING but certification. Thats all degrees and certificates.

Education time.....

A doctorate (from Latin docere, "to teach") or doctor's degree (from Latin doctor, "teacher") or doctoral degree (from the ancient formalism licentia docendi) is an academic degree awarded by universities that is, in most countries, a research degree that qualifies the holder to teach at the university level in the degree's field, or to work in a specific profession. There are a variety of doctoral degrees, with the most common being the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), which is awarded in many different fields, ranging from the humanities to the scientificdisciplines.

In the United States and some other countries, there are also some types of vocational, technical, or professional degrees that are referred to as doctorates. Professional doctorates have historically come about to meet the needs of practitioners in a variety of disciplines. However, the aims and means of these degrees vary greatly across disciplines making it difficult to claim a universal understanding of professional doctorates. Many universities also award honorary doctorates to individuals who have been deemed worthy of special recognition, either for scholarly work or for other contributions to the university or to society.

Isnt automotive considered VOCATIONAL?

:lol:

Alright then. When an anesthesiologist can become certified for surgery duty overnight via the internet, maybe I'll consider your comparison a little more valid.

Keep grabbing at those grammatical straws. I've been involved in some ridiculous exchanges on these forums over the years but this is by far the funniest.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
But, when some yokel shows up here & insists that it's O.K. to pinch off their rear brake lines with some Vise-Grips 'just for a couple of days', (Different story, I digress.)

Hey now, how else are we going to do sick burnouts for the crowd at our local Wal-Mart parking lot car show? :jester:

Pighuntin

Reaction score
Ok.....I will ask one last time nicely, without any remark.....

What is the best way to fabricate brackets for the rear leaf springs so I can raise it about 10-12 inches. I am a no nothing monkey that is asking for help one last time before I get banned out of here.