Rear Axle Lift-SOLVED-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@NightRunner....Fine I am the ******* here. I dont know ****, I am wrong, everyone is right. I should never ever think out of the box. It brings the retard out in me cause then I have to ask questions no one wants to give answers to other than spend money for parts that wont work and end up with a truck you can use as intended. Got it.

I would like to thank EVERYONE for helping me. Instead of getting more knowledge by helping me, I will figure something out on my own and tell you all when you ask me what I did to screw off. Cause thats the help here.

Thanks.

You simply don’t need to fly off the handle in such way that you become offensive. It’s really not needed. You wanted out of the box...well.....ok. People were giving you suggestions. You could be courteous and simply say while I appreciate the idea I’m really looking for something a little different as I’m looking to lift without blocks or different springs. The subframe suggestion is really about the only thing that works with your springs and still get a lift.
You dont want different leaf springs, you don’t want blocks.
The most simple way to do the lift you want is to drop the mounting points of the springs you are using.

I guess you could go nuts with a coil over rear suspension with track bars and locating arms.
Plenty of guys on here are very willing to help. All you need to do is be courteous.

I really hope you’re not like this at work man.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
6" Shackles, AND lift blocks, but install traction bars to combat the axle wrap.

You must be registered for see images attach

@Carolina_'99Hoe

That is 5” blocks (yuck) here is 4” shackle flip, 1.5” add a leaf and 3” blocks, barely any axle wrap still recommend stabilizer bars.
@BowtieBrody

Pighuntin

Reaction score
Actually, with every one here claiming my attitude burned any chance of getting real help, I just closed the link. No point in trying to ask for help when my criteria is getting ignored in lieu of store bought parts. So instead of engaging any further, I will take my leave, mark this as solved and go on my way. I will not be posting any pics, I will not share details nor will I offer my final solution.

Again, I thank everyone for their criticism and attempts to help.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow dude, you actually got a lot of really good advice even after you ran your mouth on page 1.

I am actually glad you wont be on this board anymore!
Don't you know, us lowly backyard mechanics should fear and revere the all mighty ASE master tech!? He's a god among men, a king among peasants, we know nothing! Bahahahaha

Pighuntin

Reaction score
Hey....I stated I was the retard here. My ASE certs mean the same as that doctors and pharmacists credentials, Nothing. I mean cars are just nuts and bolts....any swinging dick can fix them. I mean thats why there is a shortage of technicians nowadays. Google and Youtube has made technicians far superior to any tech out there today. Even chicks are doing it so how hard can it possibly be. Anybody can fix their own ride. How many of you can actually repair a vehicle to a PROPER working order that lasts reliably for a customers car over and over and over again? My guess is not many of you. I made sure people knew my credentials so that if someone though the talk was gonna get technical, I let you know I could keep up. Thats all. NOT once did I state that was a wrong and they knew nothing. I stated that certain ideas would not work for MY application. But reading and comprehension is lost today cause people cherry pick a line and use it without context.

By the way....credentials prove a dedication to the trade. Would you trust an electrician or a plumber working on your personal property without credentials? Would you trust that doctor who is gonna set your broken bone without credentials. You think vehicles are soo easy to work on and easily criticize. How many of you know how to diagnose and repair a CAN system? LAN system? Shade trees will NEVER get this aspect of auto repair. Hard core electrical issues end up being blanketed with parts till they give up and usually end up at a dealer where the owner then accuses the dealer of not knowing anything cause the diagnosis and repair far exceed what the vehicle is worth. In the end, the vehicle usually gets scrapped cause its cheaper to make payments. I asked for help, got ideas that wasnt for me, asked for more, then got chastised. Do you expect me NOT to call that out? Criticism works both ways.

Its my fault for not stating clearly enough what I wanted. All I wanted was to know what others did fabbing brackets and not buying store bought parts or lift springs. Thats all.

Last edited:

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey....I stated I was the retard here. My ASE certs mean the same as that doctors and pharmacists credentials, Nothing. I mean cars are just nuts and bolts....any swinging dick can fix them. I mean thats why there is a shortage of technicians nowadays. Google and Youtube has made technicians far superior to any tech out there today. Even chicks are doing it so how hard can it possibly be. Anybody can fix their own ride. How many of you can actually repair a vehicle to a PROPER working order that lasts reliably for a customers car over and over and over again? My guess is not many of you. I made sure people knew my credentials so that if someone though the talk was gonna get technical, I let you know I could keep up. Thats all. NOT once did I state that was a wrong and they knew nothing. I stated that certain ideas would not work for MY application. But reading and comprehension is lost today cause people cherry pick a line and use it without context.

By the way....credentials prove a dedication to the trade. Would you trust an electrician or a plumber working on your personal property without credentials? Would you trust that doctor who is gonna set your broken bone without credentials. You think vehicles are soo easy to work on and easily criticize. How many of you know how to diagnose and repair a CAN system? LAN system? Shade trees will NEVER get this aspect of auto repair. Hard core electrical issues end up being blanketed with parts till they give up and usually end up at a dealer where the owner then accuses the dealer of not knowing anything cause the diagnosis and repair far exceed what the vehicle is worth. In the end, the vehicle usually gets scrapped cause its cheaper to make payments. I asked for help, got ideas that wasnt for me, asked for more, then got chastised. Do you expect me NOT to call that out? Criticism works both ways.

Its my fault for not stating clearly enough what I wanted. All I wanted was to know what others did fabbing brackets and not buying store bought parts or lift springs. Thats all.
My vehicles only ever go to the mechanic for inspections and alignment. My trucks are in better mechanical shape than most cars on the road. I'm a lab manager for an electrical engineering company, there's nothing on a car that even come close to comparing in complexity to the things I troubleshoot on a daily basis. If you want to be a tough guy on the internet, so be it. In 7 more years, when you finally finish, go ahead and come back to ask us how to fix your expertly planned hack job of a lift.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I am also certified, I never mention it because I know how easy it is to pass. I have the following:

· ASE Certified A1 (Engine Repair)
· ASE Certified A3 (Manual Drive Train and Axles)
· ASE Certified A4 (Suspension and Steering)
· ASE Certified A6 (Electrical / Electronic Systems)
· ASE Certified A8 (Engine Performance)

I passed all of those in one sitting in one night, the only reason I didnt try for A2, A5, and A7 is because I was going to a Physics final the next morning and these started at 7pm. Granted they were difficult and took a lot of time to get through but by no means are they the 'holy grail' of automotive knowledge or a way of determining how 'skilled' somebody is.

Also, the only reason I didnt or dont go back for A2, A5, and A7 is because my college degree is in AET (Automotive Engineering Technology). I am developing products for OEM's now. I dont need to go back to wrenching for a career.

Have fun wrenching on grandmas broken water pumps for the rest of your life.