Rawhide and The Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burb is finally free! Buddy of mine and I were finally able to get out there and finish trimming the tree. Burb fired right up, once we got the branch off the hood so I could fill up the radiator. Needed a half gallon from the last running, a month or so ago, one of the reasons why it's not currently the DD.
Free Burb - Lynyrd Skynyrd

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Can you at least bypass the heating system, so you're not losing coolant?
It'll be fixed before we're driving it again. More important things to deal with before then. It's not currently licensed (it and Rawhide need to have their titles transferred and then we can get the new plates. If I wait till January, or maybe at least till the end of August, Burb will be 25 and therefore eligible for "classic truck" plates, as Rawhide currently is). The only DMV offices in Houston are across town, and appointments are required. So I only wanna go over there once, cause it'll kill a day, and get everything done that I need to. And this'll take $$$ I don't have available at the present time.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Texas needs to go to independent tag agencies like Oklahoma. I live in the suburbs of the suburbs and there are two within six miles. In and out within 5 minutes for any transaction. It's one of a handful of things our state does right.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Ugh. Texas needs to go to independent tag agencies like Oklahoma. I live in the suburbs of the suburbs and there are two within six miles. In and out within 5 minutes for any transaction. It's one of a handful of things our state does right.
If the tags are current, you can get them at the courtesy desk at most major grocery stores. Or at least it used to be that way....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Haven't updated in a while!
Started running 89 octane gas in Rawhide, and he liked the first tank. Mileage went from 10.5 to 13.85! Not bad at all for this ol hoss in Houston driving. So... second tank, hopefully as good. Nope! The AC had quit working partway through that one, went back down to 10mpg. Windows down, maybe more idling. So...third tank, first part is still w/ no AC. Second half was after I fixed it (by removing and reinstalling the blower motor, making sure the connectors were both plugged in good, and replacing the HVAC fuse, 25amp). Blower motor makes more noise than I like, but it's 2 days older than the truck. So it'll get replaced by the end of the year, sooner if the funds are available.
So I was hoping to see improvement in the mileage. Nope, got 8 this go round....was there really that much idling?! I'll fill it on Monday and see what this one looks like.... I know there's some idling and low speed operation on this tank, from moving those trailers, and moving the '06 so I could get inside of it and try to clean it out. No pix of that cause it was too hot and I wanted to get back in the shade!

Attachments

• IMG_20230725_202214392_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230725_202214392_HDR.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230725_203617156_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230725_203617156_HDR.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 8