Radiator drain ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I said drain ****.

Mine appears to be leaking right from the drain **** or maybe right underneath it. I really can't get a good look at it. Rad was fine before the engine swap, but has a slow drip now. The drain **** seems to seat fine, but the tab is not vertical, it's at a slight angle. I'm assuming it should probably be vertical, but cant remember...it's been 3 months since it was all together. haha It will not turn the last little bit to be vertical.

Any ideas?

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sound like there is a piece of rust in it... open it up and let some drain out.. alot of time you cantwist it back and forth a few times and it will break up the piece hung in there..

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the drain **** out and the o-ring was broken. Unfortunately I broke the housing on the rad when it popped out. I'm not sure if it will work or not...but for the cost of a new o-ring I'll try it before I buy a new radiator. Balls.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the drain **** out and the o-ring was broken. Unfortunately I broke the housing on the rad when it popped out. I'm not sure if it will work or not...but for the cost of a new o-ring I'll try it before I buy a new radiator. Balls.

J B weld fixes alot of stuff... sorry to hear that i hape its a 5 cent fix

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I suppose I could wad it full of JB Weld and just pull the lower hose when I need to drain it. A new rad from RockAuto is only about $125 if I do need it though.