Putting the 2nd battery back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Army-C2500

Reaction score
Shouldn't have waited until it got cold to ask about this:

I have a C2500 with the 6.2 detroit diesel motor, the geniuses who had it before me decided to rip out the 2nd battery and all its wiring. All they left me was the battery tray, what do I need to put the 2nd battery back and hook it up the right way?

Army-C2500

Reaction score
I looked at the diagrams and now know where to connect it but how do I find the exact size positive battery cable that is exactly the right size? Is there a parts manual where I can look that up
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Make your own with good 4, 2, or 0 gauge wire or parts stores / farm implement stores have pre-made cables in 1-ft increments.

If I'm forced to buy pre-made I always go to a farm tractor supply store for battery cables. They are built way better and are usually cheaper.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make your own with good 4, 2, or 0 gauge wire or parts stores / farm implement stores have pre-made cables in 1-ft increments.

If I'm forced to buy pre-made I always go to a farm tractor supply store for battery cables. They are built way better and are usually cheaper.
This. Ensure they are copper core not aluminum.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at the diagrams and now know where to connect it but how do I find the exact size positive battery cable that is exactly the right size? Is there a parts manual where I can look that up
1700252445024-png.353533
Am I wrong? The wire gauge size is circled in red. .32mm squared is approximately equal to 12-gauge AWG.

Which doesn't make sense unless these are secondary cables; primary battery cables should be 4-gauge minimum. Note that the RH battery has an 8.0mm squared ground wire, approximately equivalent to 1/0 AWG.

Where did you get that diagram? Is it from a section of the service manual dealing with some accessory, rather than showing the main battery cables?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pull-A-Part usually has a BMW X5 or two. Even cheaper, really long, and really good quality. You just have to pull half the interior to get them.