Project geneva crew cab dually duramax swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well on the way to daytona truck meet the axle bearing said its had enough. Thinking it was the brakes i tried to get off the highway because my family was in the car and the axle ended up breaking and bending the axle tube
. Towed it back home and when i finally went to move it to the side yard the hub finally came off. Going to finally do a full airbag setup in the rear with a 3 link and a 14 bolt srw with disc brakes to make the rear end 4 inchs narrower.

You must be registered for see images attach

Day um! That's some toasted metal. Sucks to have a family trip end up like that.
Many years ago, we fried an axle bearing on a square body Burb, 12 bolt truck rear end. Were going to Decatur, Texas for a swap meet in February, so it was cold. On the tollway in Houston, rear end started making a lot of noise. Got off asap, got it to a gas station. Tried to limp it home, after unloading the truck, the next day. Didn't quite make it, had to be towed in. Ruined the axle, but not near as bad as yours ( mine was still in 1 piece) and I had to grind the remains of the outer race out with a Dremel tool. Thoroughly cleaned the axle up, pulled the left side out and changed that bearing too( right/ curb side is the one that cratered). Put it all back together with fresh 90wt and that truck was still going strong 8 or 9 years later when it got stolen.

Last edited:

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Day um! That's some toasted metal. Sucks to have a family trip end up like that.
Many years ago, we fried an axle bearing on a square body Burb, 12 bolt truck rear end. Were going to Decatur, Texas for a swap meet in February, so it was cold. On the tollway in Houston, rear end started making a lot of noise. Got off asap, got it to a gas station. Tried to limp it home, after unloading the truck, the next day. Didn't quite make it, had to be towed in. Ruined the axle, but not near as bad as yours ( mine was still in 1 piece) and I had to grind the remains of the outer race out with a Dremel tool. Thoroughly cleaned the axle up, pulled the left side out and changed that bearing too( right/ curb side is the one that cratered). Put it all back together with fresh 90wt and that truck was still going strong 8 or 9 years later when it got stolen.

Funny you mention Decatur TX, I grew up there! Family moved to Decatur from Bridgeport in mid 2009 I wanna say? Now I’m in Oklahoma [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Funny you mention Decatur TX, I grew up there! Family moved to Decatur from Bridgeport in mid 2009 I wanna say? Now I’m in Oklahoma [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes we used to go to the February swap meet every year, because I had a space in the small heated building. Been up there when it was snowing, so a consideration! Last time was in 2001. Weekend after Daytona 500 when Earnhardt got killed. Sold a fair bit of nascar stuff. Paid for the rental van! I had changed jobs too and it was much harder to get a 3 day weekend off.