Power Ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I charge my phone at night and if I use my truck to charge a phone more than 4 or 5 times a year, I’d be lying. Not running a tablet either. :Angry:

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My power port arrived ahead of schedule. I'm waiting on parts so I fit it to my dash. Keep in mind I'm reusing an existing hole so the placement ended up being where it is because of that constraint:
You must be registered for see images attach

I bench tested it and it charges stuff and lights up green when on, off button does turn it off. There is a 0.001 amp draw when it's off, I'm assuming that is an acceptable value. It goes up to 0.004 amps when on, probably because of the leds.

So far I haven't even seen a pring so it does seem to be keeping them out.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost too easy of an install. The factory cigarette lighter wires reach this location with a nice amount of slack, just snip off the factory connector:
You must be registered for see images attach

I can't stress enough how awesome it is to have a weatherpack kit. It's practically easier than butt connectors with the ratcheting crimper and the ability to create and modify factory style connections is so convenient.

Reaction score
I didn't want to cut my dash so I altered the ashtray insert... powers on with ignition on. 3.5mm jack is to play music from my phone to OEM radio to retain the "Stock" look. Works well.

Attachments

• 20231005_152630.jpg
    20231005_152630.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 11

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to cut my dash so I altered the ashtray insert... powers on with ignition on. 3.5mm jack is to play music from my phone to OEM radio to retain the "Stock" look. Works well.
So, you just flick and stub your smokes out on the floor now? :mexsmoke: Lol All joking aside, my ashtray has never been used either.

jaybee

Reaction score
This goes into the lighter plug rather than in place of it, but I've bought a whole bunch of these where I work. I mean something like 100 of them over the past several years. So far I haven't seen one fail. There's also a 24w version.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This goes into the lighter plug rather than in place of it, but I've bought a whole bunch of these where I work. I mean something like 100 of them over the past several years. So far I haven't seen one fail. There's also a 24w version.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is from OP’s initial post.
One or more of my cigarette lighters/power ports on my tucks and vans have died.

jaybee

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's why I mentioned it goes in the lighter plug instead of in place of it, (edited out the rest)

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's why I mentioned it goes in the lighter plug instead of in place of it
Pretty sure his lighter plugs would have to “work”(again, OP states they have died)in order for what you posted would work.