polishing diamond plate tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it seems like my toolbox and dogbox are getting kinda dull so does anyone have any tips on making diamond plate shine without polishing for hours.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope well actually yeah go get you one of the powerball things ($20 autozone) I got the smaller one to do my wheels. You just attach it on your drill, lay down some metal polish, and get to work. I used to have the full dp toolbox and bedcaps and doing it by hand is no fun but the powerball will save your arm. That's all you'll really need though! Oh and I've used alot of metal polishes. All of them with "meh" results but my buddy told me about this stuff that is supposed to be amazing, it's called NeverDull it's what they use at his work (body shop) and he swears by it so go get the products do the job and post some pics!!!!

The powerball will save you so much time and energy you can likely do your rockers, wheels, and grille!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
For aluminum polishing, I like to use 'Autosol Solvol' or 'Mother's Aluminum Wheel polish'. Both work the same. Removes the oxidation by a chemical reaction, instead of elbow grease. Works excellent with a powerball.
'Neverdull' is like a very fine steel wool, with some type of chemical added for oxidation removal. It'll work & will do a good job, but for the size of the area that you are doing, using this will take considerably longer. And your hands will be black, unless you use gloves, which is just a PITA.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
At first when I saw this, I thought you were saying you had diamond plate exhaust tips, and you wanted to polish them. :lol::dancingpoop:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nevrdull then mothers mag and alum. polish, worked great on my bed rail caps and tailgate cap.