Tips for putting headers on 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't purchased them yet, the Jegs branded version of those headers are only $87.59 right now.
dang they are purchased already rip, i get summit racing stickers tho

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine doesn’t look like that, it hooks on different, it’s a 89, unless there’s different
My truck's an '89, but the engine is an unknown 4-bolt roller cam 1-piece rear main block with Vortec heads on it. I'm using the Vortec water pump with the TBI accessory drive, so it's kind of a mish-mash. Still, I figured the power steering bracket mount was worth showing. Never mind the alternator brace, that's something I welded up to fit.

I guess it might be hard to tell, but that's a piece of all-thread with a nut holding the header flange to the block. Higher up there's another nut you can't see that's holding the power steering pump bracket at the correct height, and then a nut on the outside clamping it and the alternator brace down.

the Jegs branded version of those headers are only $87.59 right now.
Here's the Jegs link. Not sure why arrg posted a link to Summit.

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck's an '89, but the engine is an unknown 4-bolt roller cam 1-piece rear main block with Vortec heads on it. I'm using the Vortec water pump with the TBI accessory drive, so it's kind of a mish-mash. Still, I figured the power steering bracket mount was worth showing. Never mind the alternator brace, that's something I welded up to fit.

I guess it might be hard to tell, but that's a piece of all-thread with a nut holding the header flange to the block. Higher up there's another nut you can't see that's holding the power steering pump bracket at the correct height, and then a nut on the outside clamping it and the alternator brace down.

Here's the Jegs link. Not sure why arrg posted a link to Summit.
yea i see that, that’s a good deal for the headers which i say them a day earlier, but hedman are good and worth it,