Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Washed the wife's GX tonight and took pity on the psg. Spray and wipe only.

Not much been happening on it lately.

Just been working it pretty hard and putting on the miles. Got into a commercial investment property this spring and I've been building out some shops on it.

Been a fun project but lots of work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Truck has two small issues I need to look into currently.

1. Needs a tune as I'm getting a intermittent CEL. Ironically it only comes on without the trailer hooked up and comes and goes every 50 miles or so.

2. Second is a small pop in the front suspension on the driver's side when there's a weight transfer in front. Not just turning wheels or anything, like a shift in weight. I can feel it right under the dead pedal in my footwell. Any ideas on that?

Other than being a little thirsty she's running like a beast.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Will any of this new space be for your personal use?

I'd still say for the money, the Blackbear tune would do you wonders. Do you have a pending code set with the CEL? Can't help on the popping, maybe recheck the torque on the hardware in the lift?

PSG is looking great as usual, still my favorite CCSB on the site!

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Washed the wife's GX tonight and took pity on the psg. Spray and wipe only.

Not much been happening on it lately.

Just been working it pretty hard and putting on the miles. Got into a commercial investment property this spring and I've been building out some shops on it.

Been a fun project but lots of work.

Truck has two small issues I need to look into currently.

1. Needs a tune as I'm getting a intermittent CEL. Ironically it only comes on without the trailer hooked up and comes and goes every 50 miles or so.

2. Second is a small pop in the front suspension on the driver's side when there's a weight transfer in front. Not just turning wheels or anything, like a shift in weight. I can feel it right under the dead pedal in my footwell. Any ideas on that?

Other than being a little thirsty she's running like a beast.

Small pop in suspension? Control arm bushing or ball joint maybe. Get it off the ground and push the tire around til you find the clunk.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Will any of this new space be for your personal use?

I'd still say for the money, the Blackbear tune would do you wonders. Do you have a pending code set with the CEL? Can't help on the popping, maybe recheck the torque on the hardware in the lift?

PSG is looking great as usual, still my favorite CCSB on the site!

Idk, will have to see where the money all lands on it. Bought it and have an improvements budget I'm trying to stay within to ensure it returns right. If all looks good I have considered keeping the far bay next to the office and the office to myself in the 60x34' building. It's plumbed for water and sewer and I put in a 200A panel already. slab has a 15' section that is 8" thick in the middle of the big shop so it's ready for a lift setup!

Other shop is older but brand new slab in it. It's a 24x36' with a 12' lean to. Gonna re-skin and insulate it as well and get power to it and it will be a nice space as well with the wider doors.

10x10 doors on the big new shop. 10x16' on the older shop.

Both 12' sidewall so not super high but adequate for a lot of things.

Small pop in suspension? Control arm bushing or ball joint maybe. Get it off the ground and push the tire around til you find the clunk.

Yes I do need to do this. I haven't had the old girl up in the last 4k miles or so.. needs an oil change and I'll rotate tires at that time and see what's happening. Thanks for the feedback!

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
If anyone is interested this is where the interior of the big shop is at. Circuits are temped in but will eventually be mounted on outside of the interior walls in emt conduit.

Did 2" EPS r10 foam between all girts then a r11 batt on top of that.

Hung exterior lights. Security cameras and finish insulation this weekend.

Then re-skin the smaller building to match the galvalume big shop and new culvert/drive/and re-grade with a big yard on the far side next month.

It's 3.5 ac m/l total so lots of room to develop

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Nice! I'm still trying to find an electrician who will run 150' of MHF from my wife's shop to mine for under $7000.
That's nuts. Granted so is the quote I got to run 100A out to my garage its 20ft from the house if that. It currently has 20a service out there(not enough) and the quote I got was $1600 just to run the wire and put a panel in, not wire the garage I was going to do it. So I am saying eff it and doing it myself now and following the same routing as the current feeder lol. Save myself 1k or so depending on parts cost.

@phatphuck the shops look good, I have to do the insulation in my garage too before winter... I am not looking forward to it lol.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Nice! I'm still trying to find an electrician who will run 150' of MHF from my wife's shop to mine for under $7000.

Are you out where code enforcement is a thing?

I just rented a trencher and put it about 18-24" down in 2" conduit. Laid in some 3/4" conduit in the same trench for data and video back to the pole for the cameras. About 80 or 90' total.

Cost me maybe $500 in tool rentals and materials. but I already had the wire and the panel.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
No new pics or anything.

But installed the new blackbear pcm yesterday.

Only two short drives in it so far but my CEL is gone for the time being and it definitely drives different.

Power is way more linear and smooth. Shifts seem more pronounced and downshift especially.

Definitely walks thru the rpm range with way better torque delivery. I'm really appreciating this upgrade so far.

Good reco @OutlawDrifter and co.