Plus Sized Grandpa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I ended up making custom links to counter for the lift/offset of bar mounting. I used 3/8 x 10 bolts and cut some 6" sleeves. Seems to be ok so far. No unnecessary stress on the bar bushings.

What size lift? I see you used cv spacers too? What width?

6 or 8 lug?

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
What's the latest on your truck?

Tell us the latest on this truck
I'm gonna riot if you don't

well i been fighting insurance on it so i was kinda mum. they claimed it was a total loss unfotunately.

had to do the whole private appraisal deal and it worked out pretty OK. Not what i would have asked for it in the current market but a reasonable sum.

they got me on the back end with the salvage value as i wanted to buy it back, but i believe it still is worth at least as much as i bought it back for.

It needs two new doors. I already secured them in the same factory color but we'll see how they match. Got the hood off the same suburban as well as mine has some peeling.

Plan is just to use it as a work beater and never worry about another scratch or dent.

But besides maintenance this also means the build is over. Unless I get a wild hair to SAS it in the future.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
The truck is looking great @Courchained .

What do you mean by it was only needed on the passenger side? How did you make that assessment?

I think ill be adding some as well. Your cv angles look better than mine too.