Grandpa Jim's '94 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thejim42

Reaction score
New member here, wanted to share my build. Tired of the facebook groups. Looking forward to being back on a forum! Here's my '94 c1500 that great grandpa bought new in dec of '93. shortly after it became my Grandpa Jim's. Grandpa had a stroke and stopped driving in 2001, after that it was the spare vehicle for the family. grandpa passed in 2013 and in 2017 when i was coming back the states after 2 years of being stationed overseas the truck became mine. It got parked in 2019 (though i cant remember why) and this passed summer i got the old girl back on the road and now i'm starting a frame up restoration of it on a new frame so i can still drive and enjoy the truck while I'm restoring it.
You must be registered for see images attach

thejim42

Reaction score
Getting it going after being parked 4 years. All it took was an oil change, fresh fuel and a hot battery.

GMT800 Master cylinder. only regret was not doing it sooner

thejim42

Reaction score
This truck is now my daughters favorite vehicle in our family fleet. My son isn't quite old enough to care.

The man himself "Papa Jim" as my daughter calls him now. (My cousins made me the frame after i got the truck)

thejim42

Reaction score
New Grill and marker lights curtesy of LMC truck. Still need to do the headlights.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada
That's a friggen time capsule!!!! Wow, clean and obviously well loved and cared for!
Enjoy because I'm sure your Gramps would love having it taken care of as much as he did. Make memories with the kids and pass it to them someday!!!!
Wow...

thejim42

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada
That's a friggen time capsule!!!! Wow, clean and obviously well loved and cared for!
Enjoy because I'm sure your Gramps would love having it taken care of as much as he did. Make memories with the kids and pass it to them someday!!!!
Wow...
Seeing the joy my daughter gets riding in the truck in the very seat that i grew up in next to my grandpa warms my heart to no end. my grandma cant decide if she wants to smile or cry whenever i take her for a ride in it. It was her dad that bought it new and gave it to my grandpa (her husband). She's 86 and they would've been married 59 years this coming spring.

thejim42

Reaction score
Picked up a reworked TBI unit from SPR Performance based on Harris Tunings recommendation. Excited to get it installed and see how it does. Going to be a few weeks, the truck is in Indiana in the garage at me in-laws house and I live in Florida currently, so it'll have to wait until we head up there for Christmas.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at the pics, wondering what you're gonna restore! Such beautiful shape, I'd be proud to have that one!
It's really cool to have the family truck, know it's history, and continue the legacy.
My hat's off to you, you're doing it right!