Plastidip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CinchUp

Reaction score
Here's my truck when i first got it
You must be registered for see images attach

I've got much more to do but here's how it sits after a lot of plastidip and some nightshade
You must be registered for see images attach

Okay so I want to do my rockers next, but i'm not sure whether to demold and take the plastidip up to the strip in the body right below the gas tank ...or keep the molding and spray the molding and on down. What do you guys think??(I'll be getting actual black wheels and a new set of tires by spring i'm hoping)

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple questions:
1. For plastidip do you use can stuff or roller? Same for bedliner
2. How well does this stuff really hold up against rocks? I sprayed bedliner on my old chrome grill guard and rocks chewed it up. What's a good way to scuff up chrome to get stuff to stick?

Sent from my 454

sgmbald1

Reaction score
Plastidip has come a long way... If you want to see how to really use it go to dipyourcar,com... I plastidiped my mirrors 3 years ago and so far I have had no issues with it. When using plastids, you do not want to scuff up the surface. The smoother the surface, the better the plastids will look when finished. Just make sure you do at least four good coats of plastidip.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plastidip has come a long way... If you want to see how to really use it go to dipyourcar,com... I plastidiped my mirrors 3 years ago and so far I have had no issues with it. When using plastids, you do not want to scuff up the surface. The smoother the surface, the better the plastids will look when finished. Just make sure you do at least four good coats of plastidip.
Did you use spray can or roller?

Sent from my 454

JB97

Reaction score
Make sure you do a few layers if your going to plasti dip, take a look at my build thread and see how much of a pain it is to remove if you dont.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Make sure you do a few layers if your going to plasti dip, take a look at my build thread and see how much of a pain it is to remove if you dont.

This was my only experience with it, it doesn't "peel right off" lol.